Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Potential Major Issue with 2020 Samsung tv's with One Connect and eARC

(Topic created on: 28-11-2020 08:31 AM)
Mike2020
Explorer
Options

Hi All

Posted previously about my experience with a Q95T and Sonos Arc, and connecting via eARC. On enabling eARC to Auto on the Sound Settings, no sound is output from the device and thats from any source, in built apps/Dolby Atmos/4K Blu etc.

On turning eARC off, sound is restored through the soundbar.

I have contacted Sonos and Samsung directly with both blaming the other party for the issue and that's disappointing. 

On discussions with both communities, it now appears that users with the Q80T can connect via eARC, however many users with Q95T and Frame 2020 models cannot get sound via the eARC so potentially a big issue.

This also now sounds like a Samsung issue, as the standard eARC function not talking to the Sonos Arc via one connect, but other Samsung models are talking to Sonos Arc. I have seen evidence of this on a Q80T where eARC is working and the device shows as Reciever (HDMI eARC), on the Q95T, on setting to Auto you get Reciever HDMI.

Can this be escalated to samsung please as quite a lot of users are affected and returning tv's for other mfrs models?

Thanks

Mike

414 REPLIES 414
Scoops77
Explorer
Options

LOL well put! What did you go for as an alternative if you managed to return and replace your Samsung?

0 Likes
Charlsburg
Pioneer
Options

Its a major feature that isn't being fixed so anyone should be able to get a full refund under their standard and/or extended warranty.

I got an LG OLED GX series instead and with no surprises, the eARC 5.1.2 Atmos works no sweat.

0 Likes
Scoops77
Explorer
Options

ChrisM have you heard anything more about this fix? I’ve just purchased a 7595T only to find the sound continually cutting out? 

0 Likes
Scoops77
Explorer
Options

Hi @colForbin88 is it genuinely fixed? I’ve just received my new 95T to discover this shambles with eArc. Thanks 

0 Likes
Jayze1988
Journeyman
Options

Not its not fixed, i am on the line to buy lg or 95t. 95t has much better pannel! Ok ive been told you can use, apple tv, amazon fire stick/cube and use atmos as a passthrough to the sonos (or any) atmos soundbar. Now as i dont own the tv (yet) im constantly looking on this thread as i want to desperately find out 100% i can get atmos by using somthing with this tv!! 

0 Likes
Charlsburg
Pioneer
Options

Yes you can use a streaming stick going directly via your amp to get Atmos, as it will no longer be using eARC.

But who pays £1000 plus for a TV that needs a streaming stick to work lol?

0 Likes
Jayze1988
Journeyman
Options

Wheb you mean your amp do you nean for example plug the firestick straight into the tv? 

0 Likes
Charlsburg
Pioneer
Options

No straight into the TV wouldn't work as you will need something to pass the audio back to your Atmos amp or soundbar. The method of passing that signal back from the TV is called eARC and doesn't work on Samsung TVs.

If you use the stick directly into the amp, or a console directly into the amp, the TV is no longer the source of the sound since its originating from the stick and not the TV.  Therefore no need to pass sound back

0 Likes
Scoops77
Explorer
Options

So I have the 7595T. It is a lovely set and the panel is gorgeous. But if this issue is unfixable then I’ll be returning mine. I will try streaming via XBOX X today to see if that works. But it’s a major flaw if the in built apps don’t support it or worse there is an issue with One Connect. Which is the main reason I paid more so as to have ease of cable management etc. 

0 Likes
marky_uk
Pioneer
Options

Hey guys.  Can I just try and ascertain something - is the complaint now that Atmos doesn’t work at all, or that there is intermittent sound dropout?

if it’s the latter, I have the same but it’s bearable.  If it’s the former, I’m happy to walk through one or two people, personally, with what I did and how it’s all working for me and been stable for weeks.  At least I think it is - now writing this away from TV and will check again later today 🙂

0 Likes