Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Potential Major Issue with 2020 Samsung tv's with One Connect and eARC

(Topic created on: 27-11-2020 07:54 AM)
Mike2020
Explorer
Options

Hi All

Posted previously about my experience with a Q95T and Sonos Arc, and connecting via eARC. On enabling eARC to Auto on the Sound Settings, no sound is output from the device and thats from any source, in built apps/Dolby Atmos/4K Blu etc.

On turning eARC off, sound is restored through the soundbar.

I have contacted Sonos and Samsung directly with both blaming the other party for the issue and that's disappointing. 

On discussions with both communities, it now appears that users with the Q80T can connect via eARC, however many users with Q95T and Frame 2020 models cannot get sound via the eARC so potentially a big issue.

This also now sounds like a Samsung issue, as the standard eARC function not talking to the Sonos Arc via one connect, but other Samsung models are talking to Sonos Arc. I have seen evidence of this on a Q80T where eARC is working and the device shows as Reciever (HDMI eARC), on the Q95T, on setting to Auto you get Reciever HDMI.

Can this be escalated to samsung please as quite a lot of users are affected and returning tv's for other mfrs models?

Thanks

Mike

414 REPLIES 414
marky_uk
Pioneer
Options

In theory, yes.

I have the built in apps, Apple TV 4K, Virgin Media Tivo360 and Xbox One X - all doing Atmos correctly.

0 Likes
Scoops77
Explorer
Options

v1403 

0 Likes
Jayze1988
Journeyman
Options

Is that the latest firmware which makes everything normal??? 

0 Likes
Charlsburg
Pioneer
Options

No, 1403 was released a while ago and has not fully resolved eARC issues.

0 Likes
Scoops77
Explorer
Options

So I’ve not had any dropout issues since yesterday after a hard reset. However I am stuck with what seems like 2 channel stereo and not 5.1 despite TV saying Sonos Arc is recognised etc. I’m yet to try @marky_uk recommendations. And yes this is latest firmware release (which appears quite old). I only received the TV last week. 

0 Likes
Charlsburg
Pioneer
Options

Yeah so in other words, 2 channel is stable (who cares?), eARC is unstable.  No change, issue still exists.

0 Likes
Scoops77
Explorer
Options

Yep exactly. Very frustrating. Needs sorting whether by Samsung, Sonos or both parties! It’s an expensive disappointment. 

0 Likes
Charlsburg
Pioneer
Options

Its not a Sonos problem, its 100% Samsung eARC output since the issue exists for all branded AVRs that need to recieve DD+ signals.

I have a Denon AVR and this issue

0 Likes
Scoops77
Explorer
Options

Hadn’t realised it was wider than Sonos. So why aren’t Samsung fixing it? Or is it a hardware issue which is basically unfixable? In which case I’ll be returning my set. 

0 Likes
Charlsburg
Pioneer
Options

Hence the 26k views, 14 page thread of people complaining about the issue - and not so much as a fart in the wind from Samsung.

It shows clearly how little they value their customers.

The advice is DONT buy a Samsung TV if you want to enjoy Atmos quality sound. 

0 Likes