Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Potential Major Issue with 2020 Samsung tv's with One Connect and eARC

(Topic created on: 20-11-2020 06:15 PM)
Mike2020
Explorer
Options

Hi All

Posted previously about my experience with a Q95T and Sonos Arc, and connecting via eARC. On enabling eARC to Auto on the Sound Settings, no sound is output from the device and thats from any source, in built apps/Dolby Atmos/4K Blu etc.

On turning eARC off, sound is restored through the soundbar.

I have contacted Sonos and Samsung directly with both blaming the other party for the issue and that's disappointing. 

On discussions with both communities, it now appears that users with the Q80T can connect via eARC, however many users with Q95T and Frame 2020 models cannot get sound via the eARC so potentially a big issue.

This also now sounds like a Samsung issue, as the standard eARC function not talking to the Sonos Arc via one connect, but other Samsung models are talking to Sonos Arc. I have seen evidence of this on a Q80T where eARC is working and the device shows as Reciever (HDMI eARC), on the Q95T, on setting to Auto you get Reciever HDMI.

Can this be escalated to samsung please as quite a lot of users are affected and returning tv's for other mfrs models?

Thanks

Mike

414 REPLIES 414
Charlsburg
Pioneer
Options

Thats great news to hear, hopefully others will also post to confirm the issue fixed.  What a shame Samsung can't muster a change log or patch confirmation to reassure its customers,  lucky for the good community!

0 Likes
psu2020
First Poster
Options

I installed update 1403 on my 55" 2020 Frame TV and the sound is definitely still cutting in and out with my Sonos Arc soundbar.  So disappointing and it makes the TV unusable.  It's the last Samsung TV I'll ever buy.

0 Likes
Charlsburg
Pioneer
Options

Considering the major issue surrounding modern HDMI 2.1 AVR's and how they don't work with next-gen 4k@120hz consoles means eARC is the one and only method of having a viable audio connection for the foreseeable future and at the very least, until 2022.

Samsung need to step up and focus on their 2-year old eARC feature and ensure its working flawlessly otherwise this month (with the release of PS5), negative reviews are going to flood in 10-fold.

0 Likes
waclark57
Apprentice
Options

It's a partial solution. I have The Frame w/the same firmware and I've had the issue twice. Right now it's working fine but I have seen the issue. I believe this is a Samsung issue as when the issue occurs you can see the Sound output toggle between HDMI e-Arc and plain HDMI. When it toggles the sound cuts out. So, for some reason, the Samsung is toggling the sound connection because it thinks it's not e-Arc. I don't believe that is something that would be caused by the Sonos, but maybe it is. 

0 Likes
Charlsburg
Pioneer
Options

There is no way this isnt Samsungs problem as the issue persists regardless of what AVR is connected - it isnt limited to just Sonos products.

0 Likes
Matt_Q90R
Journeyman
Options

Just adding a reply to this topic to comment on the complete lack of support which has been shown for the 2019 QLED series as well when faced with the exact same issue.

I have a Q90R with Q70R soundbar, with the Q90R being the absolute 4K flagship of Samsung's line up for model year 2019 and the Q70R soundbar being the third best offering of that category (80/90 ahead of it).

The TV suffers from massive lip sync issues from all external inputs (Virgin V6, PS4, Now TV 4K), and the complete lack of commentary on a fix for this from Samsung themselves has been appalling for what are their very top-end products.

I would advise anyone who is still having issues with their Samsung TV and is "waiting for the update, they said the update is coming..." to absolutely RETURN THE TV within your normal returns period to minimise your exposure to a company who have proven they do not care for their aftersales reputation.

Jocke
Journeyman
Options

Arc with Frame 65” 2020 still not working, sound skipping now and then when playing Atmos material. After almost 6 month’s of problems, 2 Samsung firmware updates and updates of the Sonos Arc as well, I’m not sure this ever will be solved. So disapointed. 

0 Likes
Charlsburg
Pioneer
Options

Samsung moderators? Hello?

You've been ignoring this and countless other eARC threads for a long while now.

Care to respond to your customers?  Acknowledge the issue? Give them some confidence in the product?

These are basic customer service qualities, where are you?

waclark57
Apprentice
Options

are the moderators the ones how have design and development responsibilities for TV? My guess is no. It would be nice if some product dev folks were on here responding, but I am not sure those are the moderators here. 

0 Likes
Charlsburg
Pioneer
Options

The moderators are the forum representatives who's job it is to relay internal development information to the customer.

Generally the devs wont or are not allowed to communicate to the public domain.   So we rely on the mods to communicate the issues.

So either our outrage isnt being communicated internally, or they are and its not at all on Samsung's priority list.

So moderators, are you doing your job? Care to respond?

If you've forgotten your password just click here, I understand these forums are confusing and difficult to navigate at times.

0 Likes