Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Popping Sound on a Crystal UHD 2020 55TU8505 when connected via HDMI eARC

(Topic created on: 02-01-2023 08:26 PM)
El Vikingo
Pioneer
Options

Hello all,

I realise that this post is similar to that of many who have sound issues with all kinds of 2020 TV models. My current set up is a 55" Crystal UHD 8505 to a Yamaha RX-V6A receiver. 

The devices recognise each other fine in the setup process as Atmos and eARC enabled. However, the sound is output in PCM only and pops randomly. It is a loud sound followed by a second of silence. It is very annoying and worries me that it may damage either my recover or speakers. 

I have tried tips from all over the internet to no avail, including system resets, factory defaults and carefully testing the settings, changing HDMI cables and ports. 

Nothing helps. To get by, I have to disable the eARC function or bypass the TV sound with a Firestick plugged directly into the receiver. 

This is my first Samsung, coming from a long line of Sonies. I am disappointed beyond belief. Spending so much money on high quality brands only to find these limiting factors is disheartening.

I would appreciate others sharing similar situations to encourage Samsung to address this in firmware updates. 

Thanks to all

0 Likes
13 REPLIES 13
Solution
El Vikingo
Pioneer
Options

Hello, just to repeat what I have said elsewhere. I finally tested the specified brand of cable (Stouchi) and it worked. I accused another user of trying to sell cables because I cwould not believe that the cable would effect the setup. However, I eat my words. Bad sound over e-ARC can be solved by buying an 8k CERTIFIED cable...

0 Likes
KevinH321
First Poster
Options

Sonos seems to have fixed a similar Dolby atmos issue with their sound bars:

Google search “Sonos fixes its Dolby Atmos loud pop issue after years of complaints”

My Samsung Sounbar render a loud pop when beginning to play atmos content. Is ugly. 

0 Likes
Janitorus
Pathfinder
Options

Yep, I read that this morning as well. Instantly thought about this whole Samsung drama I've had with their soundbar clicking/popping in Atmos, no matter which cable or device (Shield and TV app). Glad I moved on to LG that didn't have this issue.

Samsung engineers tested it at the time and of course found nothing wrong, community manager washed his hands of it.

Just move on if you can.

0 Likes
El Vikingo
Pioneer
Options

I agree entirely. I had no end of problems with this TV set until, days after the guarantee expired it stopped working. It entered a neverending restart cycle. I discovered this is a hardware fail in many TVs from 2020. I have bought a Sony to replace it and I have had NO issues at all. The only solution is getting rid of the Samsung. I will never buy another Samsung TV.