Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PLZ HELP: UE48HU7500 Connected To Onkyo AVR via ARC [Only PCM & DTS Neo]

(Topic created on: 01-10-2020 08:27 PM)
seraphin
First Poster
Options

Hello everyone ,

I had to connect my "Nvidia Shield" directly to my Samsung UE48HU7500 TV because my Onkyo TX-NR636 dose not support HDR, 10bit. I now have HDR 10bit image and for the sound I had to connect my TV to the Onkyo AVR via ARC. The sound is now played with the AVR but I'm not able to have DTS or DOLBY DIGITAL. The only options available on my TV are PCM and DTS Neo2.5.

WhatsApp Image 2020-10-01 at 18.00.35.jpeg

(My AVR is dts and Dolby compatible and when Nvidia shield was connected directly to it I was always getting dts and dolby sound).

Can anyone please help and advise what I need to do to get the sound working correctly?

Is there any other solution ( Settings, other way of connecting, adding an accessory etc...) to fix this problem?

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6
Aklima
Big Cheese
Options
Hi,
try all the list and see if u can find it and if not please remove ur HDR 10bit and see if u have the option for that.
0 Likes
seraphin
First Poster
Options

Thanks a lot for your reply aklima. I'm sorry but I don't understand what you mean by "try all the list and see if u can find it". What list are you talking about?

0 Likes
Aklima
Big Cheese
Options
PCM, Dolby digital, DTS and DTS neo25
0 Likes
seraphin
First Poster
Options

Dolby digital, DTS are greyed out (not possible to select) ONLY pcm and Neo25 are available.

0 Likes
Aklima
Big Cheese
Options
okay does with work with pcm or neo25 if not try and check youtube
0 Likes
seraphin
First Poster
Options

Yes! I went to Youtube app on smarthub and Dolby Digital is now enabled and working.

But when I go back to hdmi1 (My nvidia shield) I only have pcm and neo2.5

If I play a dolby or dts video from youtube on Nvidi shield it's the same (Only pcm and neo2.5)  😞

0 Likes