Pluto TV App

(Topic created on: 04-01-2022 07:18 PM)
benjak
First Poster
Options

Hi

Have model UE40KU6400U tv

How do I load Pluto Tv app onto the TV

I have done a Google search and nothing seems to work.

Any help would be appreciated.

0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @benjak The pluto app certainly is available on an  MU6400 model that I have.   You should be able to download it via the search bar on the app store.    See some information here https://techrark.com/pluto-tv-app-on-samsung-smart-tv/  If does not work for some reason check you have the latest firmware 1250.2 which was released October 2021 and if that is not the issue you may wish to try a smart Hub /Factory Reset.

For general information about Pluto Tv on a variety of Devices see here :  https://rxtvinfo.com/2021/pluto-tv-uk-adds-seven-new-channels 

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes
benjak
First Poster
Options

Hi James4578

Many thanks for your reply and sorry I have been unable to get back to you before now.

The remote control I have is an old model without the Smart Hub button on it.

I have however found about 10 of the PlUTO TV stations such as Pluto drama, Pluto sports, Pluto films down in the 4000's on the TV guide but the one I need Pluto Sci-Fi is not there.

I have the latest firmware installed.

When you suggest smart hub/factory reset do I assume correctly you mean Settings- Systems- Start up- or how do I do this although as I have most of the Pluto stations already this is probably not necessary is it.

How do I get to install the Pluto Sci-Fi channel

0 Likes
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @benjak  The pluto channels you have are I believe the selected ones included in TV Plus.  For a wider selection you need to search for the app in the store. I have the e guide for your model which explains the Smart Hub .  The guide features the Smart Remote  but even if you just have the standard Remote you should still have the Smart Hub Button. The icon is like a house,should be next to Settings.    Yes the Smart Hub/Factory Reset would be via the Method you describe if that proves necessary.  If all else fails an alternative would be via the web for the Sci-fi channel but unlikely to work on the Tv as the Browser is more limited there.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes
benjak
First Poster
Options

Hi Guys

Thanks for getting back to me again.  Sorry to say, I still cannot do this!!

As I have told you we have the latest firmware installed and have done a Smart Hub Factory Reset.

If I go to the App Store  as suggested in one of the articles and press on the logo that says Apps, it brings up another screen and on the top right of that screen is the Search button.  I keyed in for Pluto TV and it produces nothing.

We assume we have an old model TV due to the fact that it is 6 years old and also instead of a Smart Hub button it has a picture of a house, but as you say it does the same thing.

We have looked through the 4 steps as set out in further documentation we have downloaded. This information seems to suggest we need some external device to help us accomplish our aim.

All I want to do is to be able to download an App and place it along the bottom bar of the Smart Screen similar to the Apps we have there at the moment such as Netflix, BBC iplayer, Prime Video, Apps, My5, All4, etc., so that I can press on the Pluto TV app which we should have downloaded and bring up the sub programmes such as Pluto Scifi.  As I said to you we have about 10 Pluto TV programmes already in our TV Guide list but not the one we want which is Pluto Scifi.

If it is possible to do this using the television to accomplish so that we can access pluto tv the  way I would like to as above, can you please work me through it step by step because, whatever we seem to have tried doesn’t achieve the result. 

Thank you and would appreciate your help and sorry for having to come back yet again and take up your time

0 Likes
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options
Hi @benjak Whilst I cannot see model dates mentioned anywhere I have to conclude that the Pluto app in the App store is not compatible with your set. on a 2017 model I typed just plu and Pluto Tv (with access to 200+) channels is the one the apps that appears in the display. you coud try typing just some of the letters but may suspect it may not make a difference in your case.
Yes it would be achievable via an external device such as an Amazon Firestick , it would also be possible to cast using Chromestick. see more here https://techrark.com/pluto-tv-app-on-samsung-smart-tv/ otherwise could get it on computer/laptop/tablet.
Sorry I cannot be of further assistance.

0 Likes
benjak
First Poster
Options

Hi James4578

I think I must agree with you but I still cannot understand why.

Many thanks for your help anyway and have a prosperous New Year

Best regards

0 Likes
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options
@benjak, ok- no problem. Happy New Year!

0 Likes
RichKim
First Poster
Options

I own the Samsung UE49KS8000 and I have the same issue as you too. I live in the south west and I also can’t get the Pluto Sci-Fi on my Tv too, but the only way I can get to watch the Sci-Fi channel, is to install Pluto Tv on my (Windows) Computer. I just don’t know why most of the other Pluto channels don’t show up and also can’t get the Pluto App either. Think it’s very strange. Just hope that Samsung will solve this???

0 Likes
minieggs
First Poster
Options

I have this app in my qn95a

it works sort of ok but no matter what I try I never see the continue watching in the on demand menu

any ideas?

0 Likes