Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please work with Sony and Nvidia to resolve HDMI issues with the PS5 and 30 series GPUs

(Topic created on: 30-01-2021 10:56 AM)
SeeNoWeevil
Explorer
Options

The Q90R has the following issues with these 2 new devices;

1. PS5 will not output 4K 120Hz 420 to the display
  2. The Nvidia 30 series GPUs suffer handshake issues on boot and the display gets no signal

Now I know these are almost certainly issues with the devices themselves (the PS5 one certainly is) but getting Sony and Nvidia to take these seriously has been near impossible. I know you must have internal staff who deal directly with these manufacturers so please, please liaise with them to resolve these issues. They are a huge problem.

I understand there is some work being done between Samsung and Sony to resolve the PS5 120Hz issues but this seemingly only mentions the Q90T. Please do not leave the Q90R out of these discussions!! and ensure it receives a fix too. In regards to Nvidia, they seem to be doing nothing to resolve the issues and seem to think it is a Samsung problem

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/tv/samsung-tvs-und-playstation-5-mit-4k-und-120-hertz/td-p/26262...

Here is some more detail on the 30 series issue

https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/forums/game-ready-drivers/13/405508/hdmi-handshake-issues-on-th...

Thanks

13 REPLIES 13
sonjaobert
Journeyman
Options

I have the same problem with my RTX3080 and the Q90R. With a different TV, everything is smooth, so it‘s not the GPU‘s fault (at least not alone).

PLEASE fix this asap, right now my SSD is getting into trouble and I have already experienced data loss because of the many hard reboots that are needed all the time to get GPU and TV to work together.

0 Likes
Ju7ez
Apprentice
Options

I have same issues with 3070 and Q90R you can usually solve the input by disabling input signal plus temporarily. I found that restores the desktop and you can then re-enable it in tv settings to get the 4k@120 back. Recently I was not able to restore it so tried turning the tv off at the wall for a few mins. When I turned it back on it all worked again so probably an issue with the one connect. 

0 Likes
NeonLight
First Poster
Options

I have these issues with a 3070 and a Q70T.

Tech support live chat told me this:
NeonLight_0-1613909713658.png

And they still refuse to allow me to return it for a refund because of their stock "it's past 28 days since you bought it" (Jan 4th, btw) response.

0 Likes
Ju7ez
Apprentice
Options

Thanks for the reply. Interesting how they think the port will only work for consoles when they have a page dedicated to RTX30 series and clearly stating it does support them via port 4 and a software update. Both our models are supported. Perhaps it is an nvidia driver update that is needed as the technology is still relatively new.

I managed to get it working a lot better than it was by frequently turning the tv fully off and on every week or so. Other than the occasional 30seconds to get the desktop working I feel it is working relatively fine. Playing horizon zero dawn @4k hdr with 120hz fine. You need input signal plus on. Don’t enable freesync in game settings just have game mode on. If this still doesn’t work for you try fully turning the tv off and back on. 

0 Likes
SeeNoWeevil
Explorer
Options

Support don't know what they're talking about. They'll tell you any old rubbish to get you off their back as evidenced by the nonsense posted in that screenshot. They have no access to hardware nor the actual engineers. Ignore anything they say.

0 Likes
Ju7ez
Apprentice
Options

Ok so a new driver came out today. Would be good to know if it makes any difference. 

0 Likes
RouDeR
Pathfinder
Options

The TECHNICAL SUPPORT EGINEER ***** in Bulgaria also told me "OH BUT YOUR Samsung 8k 75 INCH Q800T TV IS NOT COMPATIBLE WITH PC" HDMI ports are for CONSOLES !

CAN YOU IMAGINE HOW ***** IGNORANT THEY ARE.

SeeNoWeevil
Explorer
Options

This is STILL an issue with the 30 series. Can you please, PLEASE work with Nvidia to resolve this. Neither of you are taking responsibility for this problem thinking it's clearly a issue with the other company. It may well be true that this is a problem on Nvidia's end but there is absolutely no way the end user can tell which product is at fault. So frustrating. I'm fairly sure you have direct contact with companies like Nvidia/Sony. As 30 series stock ramps up, this problem is going to get more and more widespread.

0 Likes
SeeNoWeevil
Explorer
Options

The PS5 issue has been resolved by Sony, the 30-series issue still remains. Bump for some kind of acknowledgement.