Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please interpret HDR10 from Netflix as HDR10, not HDR10+. Now everything HDR on Netflix is dark and washed out.

(Topic created on: 13-11-2021 02:09 AM)
Arvid_
Explorer
Options

Samsung,

THERE'S NO WAY TO GET ANYTHING HDR ON NETFLIX LOOKING ANYWHERE NEAR NORMAL

Something is wrong with how your TV's intrepret HDR material from your Netflix app. (and Disney+)

I suspect the Netflix is outputting plain HDR10, but the TV thinks it's something different (HDR10+?)

Result; Everything HDR/Dolby Vision on Netflix looks washed out and dark.

really:

PLEASE GIVE US ONE OF THESE SOLUTIONS;

1. Make your TV's interpret Netflix' plain HDR10 correctly and display it as such

2. OR let us switch off HDR from the netflix app alltogether, make the app think it's an SDR TV

3. OR Let me buy Dolby Vision support (I know, I know, but it WOULD be a solution..)

4. OR Get Netflix (and DIsney+) to support HDR10+

NUMBER 1 OR 2 SHOULD BE AN EASY FIX!

Number 3 or 4 would be preferable.

There is so much info about this, it's not even funny anymore.

Something's really, really broken

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/TV/Possible-Fix-for-Too-Dark-Netflix-Videos-on-Samsung-TVs/td-p/...

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/TV/It-is-time-for-Dolby-Vision/m-p/1691174

5 REPLIES 5
David270
Apprentice
Options

Wow I totally agree. I am really frustrated over this.

0 Likes
AG1111
First Poster
Options

Temp Solution while HDR10+ arrives to Netflix (if ever going to happen) for HDR-HDR10+ content:

Set your TV to movie mode

Set Brightnes and contrast to default 50(max)

Sharpness at 0

Shadow detail at 5 (max) 

Temp: warm 2 (default) 

Gamma st.2048 at 3 (max)

Contrast enhancer at max

Color at 37 (important)

These settings will fix dark scenes while keeping an accurate color interpretation. 

You are welcome. 

Danielle55
First Poster
Options

Thanks for your settings suggestions.  Do these settings have to be reset after watching Netflix content and then set again the next time you watch Netflix?  In other words, what do these setting do to content from other providers like Amazon prime who  provide HDR10, HDR10+, and HLG (and currently not Dolby Vision). Thanks

0 Likes
johnmd20
First Poster
Options

I just want to agree with you. HDR on netflix is washed out and dim. It is so annoying and frustrating. 

0 Likes
Wesbizra
First Poster
Options

OMG finally someone said it .. you're absolutely correct. this is so frustrating and I am really hating my tv over it. I am having to use apple tv to be able to play Netflix in SDR as it looks so much better and brighter .. Watching Netflix in HDR on my QN90a is absolute garbage. I cant believe I paid this much for a TV to get this crappy HDR experience. I feel so cheated by Samsung 

0 Likes