Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Picture size on UE48JU6740U

(Topic created on: 01-01-2017 03:56 PM)
Kirsty
First Poster
Options

When watching ITV Hub through the Samsung Smarthub, the picture size is small. The normal ITV channels play at the correct picture size when viewing through the TV and we have no problem with either BBC Iplayer or Channel 4 when watching through the SmartHub, but just with ITV. Any ideas? I've checked picture size and it's correct onthe TV and also we are using the latest software so not sure what else to try. Just odd that it's only one channel that has this problem through the Smarthub.

0 Likes
14 REPLIES 14
AntS
Options

Hi Kirsty! :robothappy:

It does sound like an issue with the ITV Hub app itself rather the TV’s settings. Have you got in touch with ITV to see if they can shed any light on this?

0 Likes
Ralmo
First Poster
Options

I have the same problem when I try to use the ITV hub through the Samsung Smart Hub. But it is fine through the Now box and when sat from my computer.

0 Likes
RyanM
Pathfinder
Options

Hey @Ralmo! Would it be possible to try a Smart Hub reset please?

Smart Hub > Smart Hub Reset > "Reset Smart Hub" > Pin = 0000

Let us know once it's restarted if it's made any difference! 

0 Likes
Terryb
First Poster
Options

Hi we have the same problem with picture size. Tried the reset and picture goes correct the first time its used, but reverts to 4:3 mode after first set of adverts. 

0 Likes
Kirsty
First Poster
Options

Yes have done that, they are saying its an ITV problem as it doesn't occur on any other channel.

0 Likes
Kirsty
First Poster
Options
Yes it's the same for us, apparently ITV are aware of the problem and are trying to resolve it, but no joy after 3 weeks!
0 Likes
maesteg
First Poster
Options

i have the same problem with a bit of added information.

If we start watching it's in 4:3 , if we come out of the hub totally, and then go back into it, it works fine until the next advert. After the advert it goes back to 4:3. Exit hub, back in, resume sorted, until next ad of course.

Rog

0 Likes
maesteg
First Poster
Options

It would appear as if the advert is resetting the size. Following my post 15 minutes ago we have come out of the hub totally after an advert and then back. However, it just came to an add break, there were no add and it continued in 16:9 perfect.

Ads are triggering it back to 4:3 by the look of it.

Rog 

0 Likes
Colin1
First Poster
Options
Me to , Itv hub says problem has been fixed but it hasn't ,tried resetting every on TV but no updates available.
0 Likes