Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Picture short on The Frame TV 2021

(Topic created on: 01-08-2022 07:09 PM)
Members_CIjMgPh
Apprentice
Options

Hello

I took delivery of a 32" The frame TV 2021 last week but when watching films the picture is always too short so a dark line at both bottom and top of the screen. Watching a series etc it is fine, just with films

CS couldn't fix it but then she just did the same thigs that I had done......I am wondering if this is normal?  I do have a new one coming tomorrow but thought I would check here before I started setting it up

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

In terms of the black bars on movies pretty sure this is to do with the Aspect ratio as many modern movies will have black bars on Tv, the format for Tv shows is 16:9 whereas the cinema standard is 21:9. Is this a particular issue on tv channel or streaming service or universal?  It is possible to Zoom in (with proviso that quality may be affected) but as far as am aware only the case with HDMI sources  and not for instance TV apps.   For content  via HDMI   you need to use the custom setting 

To adjust the picture size and/or position Settings Picture Picture Size Settings Zoom and Position Try Now " This function is available only if Picture Size is set to Custom. " To change the picture position on analogue channels, first enlarge the picture and then change the position.

I'm including some info on aspect ratio here:

Rtings Aspect Ratio

Home Theatre Aspect Ratio

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes
Members_CIjMgPh
Apprentice
Options

Thank you James,  zoom isn't available on this tv, it is set to 16:9. I only stream on the tv, it is ok on tv shows but not movies on all channels.. netflix, Prime, Samsung tv

I cannot believe everyone is watching small movies on a new tv

0 Likes
Members_CIjMgPh
Apprentice
Options

Oddly enough..old tv shows such as Friends is ok

0 Likes
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Oh right, in Picture settings is there no zoom and position? In any case seems to be only work with HDMI connections. Unfortunately it is due to the different filming formats and considered to be how the Director intended. Sometimes on old  TV programs there are black bars on the left and right.

Netflix's take here :https://netflixtalk.com/movies/d1pu 

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes
Members_CIjMgPh
Apprentice
Options

Thank you for your time James/

I find it odd that Samsung CS tried for more than 30 minutes to right this 'problem' by remote access, surely she should of known what you have come up with. I thought buying Samsung would give me a good experience as it has with their other products. I'm really disappointed with the tv now