Support

Open search

Picture settings

Highlighted
Voyager

Just a tht but is there a thread where people put their picture settings ?? Just tht it would be interesting to see how people like their TV set up and might give other people ideas on how to make theirs better . Things like contrast , brightness , colour etc ........

34 REPLIES 34
Highlighted

I dont knownhow any of you are running it with brightness at 0. Mines at 45. About half way up the scale. Do the scales differ on the different tv models? Brightness on 0 on my series 6 is so dark you can hardly see the screen even with the backlight all the way up. I recently changed my colour tone from warm 2 to warm 1 as whites were yellowed out

Highlighted

Hi Yan,

Check out my posts on page 2 of this thread. I run brightness zero, and no, the scale is not the same on each model...

Highlighted

@Yan101 wrote:

I dont knownhow any of you are running it with brightness at 0. Mines at 45. About half way up the scale. Do the scales differ on the different tv models? Brightness on 0 on my series 6 is so dark you can hardly see the screen even with the backlight all the way up. I recently changed my colour tone from warm 2 to warm 1 as whites were yellowed out

Try resetting your picture setting and starting again. Have a look at "Standard" that usually works for most applications. Turn off auto light feature. 

Different TV's have different scales.

Highlighted

Yes different scales on  various models,  personally I usually  prefer Brightness to be around the Mid mark (though can depend on content)   On a 2017 MU model  the maximum  colour setting is 5,   scale for Contrast, Sharpness and Colour goes from  0-100.

Highlighted

Gotcha. Mines about 50 brightness. I'm hally with my settings. Had the tv a couple of years, I didn't realise it was only an 8 bit panel when I got it. So now I'm constantly messing with settings for hdr content until I'm happy. It varies movie to movie. Ill invest in a qled in the near future. 

Top Liked Authors