Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Picture settings

(Topic created on: 03-06-2020 02:28 PM)
Edgie70
Troubleshooter
Options

Just a tht but is there a thread where people put their picture settings ?? Just tht it would be interesting to see how people like their TV set up and might give other people ideas on how to make theirs better . Things like contrast , brightness , colour etc ........

39 REPLIES 39
Yan101
Student
Options

I dont knownhow any of you are running it with brightness at 0. Mines at 45. About half way up the scale. Do the scales differ on the different tv models? Brightness on 0 on my series 6 is so dark you can hardly see the screen even with the backlight all the way up. I recently changed my colour tone from warm 2 to warm 1 as whites were yellowed out

0 Likes
Bobby76
Pioneer
Options

Hi Yan,

Check out my posts on page 2 of this thread. I run brightness zero, and no, the scale is not the same on each model...

0 Likes
rickatk
Explorer
Options

@Yan101 wrote:

I dont knownhow any of you are running it with brightness at 0. Mines at 45. About half way up the scale. Do the scales differ on the different tv models? Brightness on 0 on my series 6 is so dark you can hardly see the screen even with the backlight all the way up. I recently changed my colour tone from warm 2 to warm 1 as whites were yellowed out

Try resetting your picture setting and starting again. Have a look at "Standard" that usually works for most applications. Turn off auto light feature. 

Different TV's have different scales.

JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Yes different scales on  various models,  personally I usually  prefer Brightness to be around the Mid mark (though can depend on content)   On a 2017 MU model  the maximum  colour setting is 5,   scale for Contrast, Sharpness and Colour goes from  0-100.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes
Yan101
Student
Options

Gotcha. Mines about 50 brightness. I'm hally with my settings. Had the tv a couple of years, I didn't realise it was only an 8 bit panel when I got it. So now I'm constantly messing with settings for hdr content until I'm happy. It varies movie to movie. Ill invest in a qled in the near future. 

RSebire
Pioneer
Options

anybody know how to get rid of the adverts in the av menu when changing av channel?

i am thinking of going to a samsung store and doing bad things otherwise

0 Likes
Crowtyboy
First Poster
Options

Hey, Did you ever post your xbox 4K settings? I'd be really interested to see them. Cheers.

0 Likes
ReyMond45
First Poster
Options

I has a mu6500 curved. Settings are as follows:

Mode - Standard

Backlight - 18

Contrast - 90 (100 if HDR)

Brightness - 0

Sharpness - 23

Color -65

Contrast Enhancer - Low (high if HDR)

Color Space - Auto/Native

Color Tone - Warm 1 (standard if watching HDR)

That's all that I remembered now :smiling-face:

0 Likes
SLL1
Journeyman
Options

On my QN95A, I use the Movie Maker mode. Its impressively accurate on the colors.

And I haven't touched much in the picture setting menus. Only lowered the backlight to 10, and there is some much light in this tv, it hurts my eyes 🙂

Other that this, I think its the ordinary warm tone at Warm2, and I've disabled the auto stuff (light sensor) on the picture. Not sure colors and white tone can be any better in this mode.

0 Likes
jennihrp
First Poster
Options

You might be surprised to know that many TVs don't come looking their best right out of the box. That's because the default settings -- the ones that your TV uses before you make any tweaks -- don't necessarily deliver peak performance. Getting the best picture quality out of your TV means that you'll likely need to play around with your picture settings and TV modes. 

0 Likes