Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Picture judder

(Topic created on: 17-07-2018 11:37 AM)
Edgie70
Troubleshooter
Options

Hi all , been reading through some posts and something that seems to be very common with Samsung TVs is picture judder , I have a ue49mu6500 TV and had the judder set to custom / 10 but it seemed better set to auto !! So my question is , do Samsung actually look at issues like judder and send out a firmware/software update to sort it ??? Also how do I know if my TV has the latest update ??? Thanks , Dave 

0 Likes
41 REPLIES 41
valleyboy22
Voyager
Options

Had a major issue with my curved tv douing this, so i sent it back. Got the MU series 120hz instead and seems better, but the blur motion even when i custom it is still there. I would imagine samsung do know about this and as of yet nothing is done? the judder/blur effect is worse when for example you are watching rugby and the camera is showing the full pitch and the judder kicks in then.

0 Likes
Edgie70
Troubleshooter
Options

Seems like Samsung know about these issues but won't do anything about it , since I changed the judder setting from 10 to auto it seems to have improved it , must admit tho , if I'd have known about this I wouldn't have bought it 

Phil12
Voyager
Options
Hi

Samsung don't engage with their customers at all and the chances of firmware fixing issues with judder and motion (which their TVs handle the worst out of any other make) is next to none.

Next time my TV will not be a Samsung, and they wonder why their sales are dropping.

Regards

Phil
Edgie70
Troubleshooter
Options

Hi , update on the bit of picture judder I've got , I've turned off auto motion plus and put film mode to auto 1 and it's improved it loads , tht I'd let y'all know if someone else having this issue , cheers 

Phil12
Voyager
Options

Hi

The trouble in turning it off is you immediately get a resolution drop on anything that moves, it is a necessity with displays like LCDs, which is why all LCD TVs have something similar.  If you don't notice this resolution drop then you are lucky or sat too far away from the TV (which probably means you don't need a 4K set).

Turning it off for us isn't an option as the constant blurring of anything that moves is worse than the judders.  

Regards

Phil

0 Likes
valleyboy22
Voyager
Options

Yeah you can notice the drop in the picture quality, so I don't put mine down. It's a case of Samsung issue which they don't address. I was in Curry's looking at tvs and when I have a Samsung and they show videos on display, you can clearly see the judder etc on them. 

0 Likes
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @Edgie70, Firmware 1230 was released just over a month ago but was recently replaced by 1220 on the Samsung site https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/model/UE49MU6500UXXU/   Sometimes you may need to tweak the settings depending on content though picture quality is obviously paramount, though if current setting works for you fine.  For UHD you certainly need to be fairly close to set for best effects.  Generally experts recommend keeping Auto Motion plus at a minimum  (largely due to soap opera effect)    Some general guidance if of interest https://www.whathifi.com/advice/how-to-set-your-tv-and-get-best-picture

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes
Edgie70
Troubleshooter
Options

Hi , my software version is 1210.8 , I presume that this update can be done OTA ?? 

Edgie70
Troubleshooter
Options

Hi , what setting do you have judder set to between 1 and 10 ?? Thanks 

0 Likes