Apprentice
Options

Hello,

Some help please.

I have a have a 50 inch Samsung TV, 

Model Code: PS50B450B1WXXU

Verson: BF04

Software: 2009/08/11_002002

I have connected my PC(windows 10) to this TV using a HDMI cable & get the message on TV: Mode Not Supported.

I have tries to find a newer TV software for this TV but cannot.

How can I resolve this issue please.

Thanks.

0 Likes
14 REPLIES 14
Bogsy
First Poster
Options
I don't have any answer to your question but, if I was you, I'd phone the retailer, that you got the mobile phone off, and ask them for a solution to the problerm, or phone a similar retailer, who sells the same articles, and ask them for a solution. Good luck numb nuts anyway.
0 Likes
joe2jo
Pioneer
Options
I have the same problem
0 Likes
Steven9761
Troubleshooter
Options
Your post seems a bit vague... are you trying to use your TV as a monitor? if so, perhaps the graphics signal from your pc is weak, or your cable is the issue (you are using VGA OUT to HDMI IN). Also, the software version you have indicated above seems to suggest that your TV is at least 12 years old, so its circuitry cannot handle a "new" codec being fed to it.

if you are only intending using your pc as a MEDIA STREAMING OPTION, goto MEDIA STREAMING OPTIONS on your pc, and if your pc finds your TV, accept it in your network, then try playing media from the pc to the TV.

If I'm right about the age of your telly, maybe now is a good time to update?
joe2jo
Pioneer
Options
but I don't have a phone 😕 or a phone number 🤔 all I have got is the picture that I have put up

0 Likes
joe2jo
Pioneer
Options
look forward to-day 😀

1614007121266_2189.jpg

1614007003273_2188.jpg

0 Likes
Joe2Joe
Apprentice
Options

Hi,

Yes, the TV is about 12 years old now.

Trying to use TV as monitor so can watch movies from PC to TV.(this in not smart TV).

I was assuming because the TV has the connectors, it should work?

This is my cabling set up from PC to TV.

Y splitter to PC VGA >>> 1 VGA to PC monitor, 2nd VGA into HDMI converter >>> HDMI cable from converter to TV. Also tried HDMI cable from converter to HDMI selector switch to TV.

Y splitter to PC audio >>> 1 audio cable to monitor speakers >>> 2nd audio cable to converter.

All the cables are connected correctly & I keep getting message on TV, "Mode not supported or no signal."

When I use PC VGA cable straight to TV VGA, it works fine.(SD signal).

When I use HDMI converter cable to TV its not working.(HD signal).

I have 4 other HDMI equipment connected to TV via HDMI selector switch & they all work fine.(sky now box, satellite box, cable box, PS 3), Only the PC VGA to HDMI is not working for some reason. (HD signal).

Hope the above makes sense.

?

0 Likes
Steven9761
Troubleshooter
Options
Try: connect pc to router via router cable / connect tv to router. The router becomes the bridge between your pc, and your tv. Go into your computer's SETTINGS via the search bar (bottom, left of the computer screen), type in MEDIA STREAMING OPTIONS, then click on the search result. Show devices on LOCAL NETWORK / ALLOW ALL DEVICES. Hopefully, your tv is in that list.

Next, on your tv remote, press your HOME key. At this point, I'm not familiar with how Samsung displays connections, but on my LG tv, a ribbon opens up - scroll along until you see PHOTO & VIDEO (or something similar), click on it, and hopefully you should see something resembling the attached photo. The feed from my computer is referred to as a MEDIA SERVER, as indicated in the photo - click on this, and you should (hopefully) be able to stream directly to your tv.

20210317_071327_20812.jpg

0 Likes
Joe2Joe
Apprentice
Options

@Steven9761,

Thanks for your assistance.

Unfortunately, your method did not work for me, which I tried first.

But what did work was:

My tv is mounted on my bedroom wall, so in frustration in trying to connect cables to different connectors on  the back of the TV, I removed the TV from the wall and managed to locate another HDMI port on rear.

Connected the HDMI cable for PC to HDMI port 2 and bingo. it is working, good clear signal from PC to TV via HDMI cable.

TV port HDMI 1 & 3 did not work with PC signal but HDMI port 2 is working fine.

Thanks to all who took the time to try to assist me.

👍

joe2jo
Pioneer
Options
or i would ring them
0 Likes