Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paiing Bluetooth Speaker with new TV

(Topic created on: 12-04-2021 10:28 PM)
152bobby
Navigator
Options

I'm tyring to do what should be a simple task.

All I am trying to do is pair my Sony Bluetooth  Speaker with my Samsung 75" TU7020.

Where in the TV settings are the Bluetooth Pairing options ?

Ideally, I would like to connect the Sony SRS-43 Speaker via cable and use it all the time instead of the TV inbuilt speakers. 

Any advice please ?

0 Likes
21 REPLIES 21
TechSupportUK
Pioneer
Options
that's all you need. most optical leads you buy will come with the connectors (like the ones on Argos for £8.99) but this is all you would need
0 Likes
152bobby
Navigator
Options

Yes, I found that one, but do you think it will work ?  So use the optical out put from the TV, plug this adapter to the other end of the optical cable and then plug this into the Sony speaker and then presumably change a setting in the sound section of the TV.

0 Likes
152bobby
Navigator
Options

I'll order that one and give it a try.  Thanks

0 Likes
152bobby
Navigator
Options

This may be a better choice, as there will be no breaks in the cable ?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B08CDHY6WX/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_glt_fabc_84W8XCXT3KRRBGC2WAHK?psc=1

0 Likes
TechSupportUK
Pioneer
Options
yeah sure, there's no harm in trying, it should work but its hard to say if it will work or not as TVs vary a bit when it comes to output options and compatability.
0 Likes
152bobby
Navigator
Options

I'll go for this one, with delivery tomorrow, I'll let you know if it works.  Thanks.

0 Likes
TechSupportUK
Pioneer
Options
that would be great, thanks! and best of luck
0 Likes
152bobby
Navigator
Options

Got the cable today.  Connected it from the optical output on TV to the Sony speaker 3.5mm jack. And then went into Sound on the TV settings, changed Sound Output from TV Speaker to Optical.  The sound is not playing.  Even when I use the volume button on the remote, I get a box that pops up on the TV on the left saying Optical, where I would normally see the speaker volumes.  Does this mean, this idea is not going to work ?

0 Likes
TechSupportUK
Pioneer
Options
Hmm that's a shame, don't suppose you could take a photo of the connections on back of TV, or find the model number (usually on back)?
0 Likes