Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Overheating 4k tv FIRE HAZARD HELP

(Topic created on: 11-07-2022 07:28 PM)
Brand77
First Poster
Options

I have a Samsung UE49NU7100K and I have recently had trouble with the led's being dim etc. Only for the last day or two it has become extremely HOT in the bottom left corner of the TV causing it to be a fire hazard. I am not the only one this has happened too! 

20220222_215052.jpg

6 REPLIES 6
ChelseaH
Voyager
Options

Hi @Brand77 

I'd recommend dropping @Sam_UK a DM so that myself or another Mod can look into this fully for you. In the meantime, if the TV is getting too hot, we'd recommend not turning this on until this has been inspected by an official Samsung engineer!

0 Likes
Elvis67
Explorer
Options

Contact your local trading standards. It is a manufacturing fault and is a fire hazard. There's no excuse for it. Samsung need to take full responsibility.

0 Likes
Wendi Genchi
First Poster
Options

I am having this exact same problem with my UN65MU7000FXZA. Definite fire hazard. I can’t even use my TV for more than 20 min without the bottom right corner being too hot to touch! Also, there appears to be some melting in that corner inside the screen, looks like a wave. 

0 Likes
JordanS
Options

Hi Wendi. Please come and drop us a message over at @Sam_UK so we can get this investigated. From the information you have shared, we do recommend leaving the TV switched off in the meantime. 

0 Likes
johnspain
First Poster
Options
Mine is the same, my elderly father burned his hand on it yesterday its the ue55k6400 surly this can't be normal?
0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@johnspain: We understand your concerns completely, and take matters such as this very seriously. If you're based in the UK or Ireland then please send a private message to Sam_UK by following the steps in the link below, and myself or one of the other mods will be able to get this escalated for you. 

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/samsung-lounge/how-to-send-a-private-message-on-the-samsung-comm...

0 Likes