Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OneRemote turning on the power of my Yamaha AVR

(Topic created on: 28-02-2019 12:22 PM)
MilesHi
Student
Options

Hi, I´ve searched, but couldn´t find any information about this.

I have configured my 2018 OneRemote (of my 65q9fn 2018) to turn the volume up and down on my Yamaha AVR, but it doesn´t turn the AVR on and off.

Is this possible?

When I configure it, it does a test turning it off and I accept that it has been turned off, but afterwards it only seems to control the volume

It would be ideal if when I turn the TV on, the AVR turns on at the same time and also when I turn the TV off.

Thanks!!

24 REPLIES 24
ysr1
Apprentice
Options
My HDMis go directly in the TV, I don’t have HDMI ports on my receiver. The TV to receiver is via digital optical audio Toslink.
ekhm
Explorer
Options

Anyone? I have the same issue. I've got Yamaha amplify connected with optical cable.

MikeZH
First Poster
Options

Still no solution for this? Have a new The Frame 2020 here, connected to an old Logitech Surround Sound System. During setup wizzard, turning the Logitech System on/off works perfect, but for normal operation, when i switch on/off the TV, the sound keeps staying off. No way to turn it on, i still need two remotes... why the heck?

ambarusa
Student
Options

I got a Yamaha A-S501 and a Q60T. During the test, the TV is able to toggle the amplifier, but in normal operation only the volume is possible to control.

0 Likes
Goodjob
Explorer
Options
I've bought a Google Nest Mini which I use to turn the amp on and change the input when necessary. It's lame that Samsung hasn't sorted that issue yet. I thought they were a tech company and yet I have to rely on a 3rd party to do the job for them
0 Likes