Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OneRemote turning on the power of my Yamaha AVR

(Topic created on: 26-05-2019 04:01 AM)
MilesHi
Student
Options

Hi, I´ve searched, but couldn´t find any information about this.

I have configured my 2018 OneRemote (of my 65q9fn 2018) to turn the volume up and down on my Yamaha AVR, but it doesn´t turn the AVR on and off.

Is this possible?

When I configure it, it does a test turning it off and I accept that it has been turned off, but afterwards it only seems to control the volume

It would be ideal if when I turn the TV on, the AVR turns on at the same time and also when I turn the TV off.

Thanks!!

24 REPLIES 24
MilesHi
Student
Options

Nobody? 😞

0 Likes
genodillon
First Poster
Options

I'm having the same issue with a Denon Receiver.  The test turns it off, but outside of the test I can only control the volume.  The receiver won't turn on or off with the Samsung OneRemote.

PSpenceRI
Student
Options

I have the same issue!

oliverdyhrberg
First Poster
Options

Same issue with my Onkyo A-9150 amplifier.

Mike555
First Poster
Options

Same issue with my Yamaha TSR-7850.  Tech support must have an answer for this!!!!

Seynx
First Poster
Options

You have to set your AV receiver standy-off while no tv signal meaning if there is no signal from your tv the receiever will turn off.

@MilesHi wrote:

Hi, I´ve searched, but couldn´t find any information about this.

I have configured my 2018 OneRemote (of my 65q9fn 2018) to turn the volume up and down on my Yamaha AVR, but it doesn´t turn the AVR on and off.

Is this possible?

When I configure it, it does a test turning it off and I accept that it has been turned off, but afterwards it only seems to control the volume

It would be ideal if when I turn the TV on, the AVR turns on at the same time and also when I turn the TV off.

Thanks!!

0 Likes
Pekka
First Poster
Options

Same issue with Sony AV-system (optical output) and Samsung qe55q60ra (+ Samsung one remote)

Set up goes well and AV-system powers up/down during the set up. Volume and mute functions work well with the Samsung one remote but the amplifier won't power up/down when TV is being switched on/off.

Any help? Are there some advanced options on TV that I can't find?

AV-system doesn't have auto-standby functionality and the dealer convinced me that it should control the AV-system (because it's universal).

PSpenceRI
Student
Options

They seem to not care... as long as the universal remote will universally control Samsung products properly... just install a high power Samsung surround sound receiver processor that doesn't exist... 85" 8k goes great with a soundbar (raspberry sound)... 

0 Likes
Vanphyl
First Poster
Options

Same issue here, with my Bose Lifestyle T20. I can control volume inputs but power is off limit to me. 

The power down test input worked fine as well. This is highly annoying! 

0 Likes