Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OneConnect Box

(Topic created on: 09-10-2019 11:21 AM)
TheHyper
First Poster
Options

Hello,

1. Where can I see which TV model comes witn OneConnect Box? 

2. If the TV does not come with OneConnect Box which models would be compatible with it?

TheHyper

4 REPLIES 4
AntS
Options

Hi @TheHyper , :smiling-face:

Apart from looking through the User Manuals (and obviously if it says it on the product page!), there's currently no way of seeing which UK/Ireland TV models come with a One Connect box.

But I did get the below about the 2018 and 2019 ranges from my AV colleagues:

One Connect Box_UK_2018_2019.jpg

Any other year range of UK/Ireland Samsung TV's you're interested in?

JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

This site details all  the 2019 models and states if they are compatible with One Connect Box,  however obviously possibility it is not totally accurate.    https://www.whathifi.com/advice/samsung-tvs-2019-8k-4k-full-hd-qled-and-lcd-everything-you-need-to-k... 

I did notice the US samsung site lists the compatible models in a Guide for   The One Connect Box  but can not see anything similar for Uk/Ireland. 

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes
thutch
Navigator
Options

Do we know if we can pay to upgrade our OBC's?  I've the Q950R and would like the option if available - take some of the 2020 features currently in the latest OCB (eARC, hardware acceleration for AV1)

thutch
Navigator
Options

Not that I know of mate.  If you find out I’d be interested... was under the impression that’s a sales point of one connect boxes.  AV1 codec requires hardware on the TV itself not anything in the OCB, so you won’t get that capability with a new OCB.  
My experience with Samsung historical has been they promise upgrade options but they never appear!  

0 Likes