Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One Connect box wont tune in Free To Air, terrestrial TV channels

(Topic created on: 19-12-2021 08:33 AM)
nthbeach
First Poster
Options

My Samsung One connect box for my 2021 Frame TV wont tune in Free To Air, terrestrial TV channels.

When i attempt to scan for TV channels, it only picks up a few, and i am forced to repeat the process several times until all FTA channels are picked up, but then, later on i will gradually loose these channels or they will not be reachable and again, i am forced to repeat the whole process. 

This is not an Arial/Antenna issue as i use the same antenna for my main tv with no problem.

I even got an antenna repair guy to come and take a look and he said that this is most likely an issue with the One connect Box loosing its ability to tune for FTA TV.

Do i need to return my One Connect box and have it repaired or replaced?

Thanks 

#One Connect

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
xSteveuk
Mastermind
Options
Hi,
This page maybe helpful

Scan for channels from an antenna or cable box on your Samsung TV

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00062206/
0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@nthbeach: Do you lose the channels after turning off the the TV? If so, head to Settings > Broadcasting > Auto Tuning Settings > Standby Auto Tuning, as this will automatically scan for channels while your TV is in standby mode. If this isn't applicable, and the channels are not being saved following Auto Tuning, then try Settings > Broadcasting > Expert Settings > Manual Scan > Analogue Channel Tuning > New > Follow the on screen instructions, and hit Store to save the channels. Let me know how you get on. 

To further troubleshoot the issue, can you try pressing the button on your remote with the red, green and yellow circles (if it says 123 below the circles, press the button twice), then select Aerial Type to explore your available options. 

0 Likes
nthbeach
First Poster
Options

Thanks for your message and for the link,

But thats exactly what i did initially, and it didnt work, which makes me wonder if there is something wrong with my One Connect box.

0 Likes
nthbeach
First Poster
Options

Thanks for your message.

Do you lose the channels after turning off the the TV?

Yes, but then they would comeback very pixilated depending on what part of the day it was.

head to Settings > Broadcasting > Auto Tuning Settings > Standby Auto Tuning

I don't have these options on my TV, my options are Broadcasting> Auto Tuning> Start/Cancel

try Settings > Broadcasting > Expert Settings > Manual Scan > Analogue Channel Tuning > New > Follow the on screen instructions, and hit Store to save the channels. Let me know how you get on. 

I tried this, but after i select New, there are no options as it cannot pick up any Analogue channels, so it asks me to select a number/channel from 1-99 then select a frequency.

I have also tried to manually scan each digital channel in the Expert Settings, but this also didnt work.

try pressing the button on your remote with the red, green and yellow circles (if it says 123 below the circles, press the button twice), then select Aerial Type to explore your available options. 

I also tried the 123 button, but this only gave me the option of Teletex. record, Time shift, info, TV guide, Trending,  I could not find any Ariel option.

I also tried an on/off, checked for any new updates, and did a complete restore, none of this helped. Im thinking my OneConnect box has a bad tuner and probably needs repairing / replacing.

Thanks 

0 Likes
Imtiyaz786
First Poster
Options

Hi there, I have a similiar issue with my Q9FN. So I got a replacement One connect box and the issue is still there. My arial and satellite signal have been checked and are spot on. What was weird was that when I plugged the replacement one connect box in, all my TV settings, including Samsung login were all already there. This tells me that the TV stores all the information. This includes my calibrated settings. Did you ever reolve the issue?

0 Likes