Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One Connect Box UE55HU8500T stopped working

(Topic created on: 30-08-2020 10:55 AM)
Asni
Student
Options

I bought Smart TV on December 2014 with it came "one connect box" it was all fine until last week then it stopped working.

I opened the one connect box cleaned dust out from machine and its fan put it back on and it still doesn't work...

TV screen working perfectly and showing animation to connect one connect box cable once you do that... screen goes black and blank as soon as you remove the cable back animation comes back on... assuming its completely "one connect box's" fault.

found out these boxes come specifically with your TV... Samsung doesn't sell parts separately only way is to repair it.

can anyone else share or give more information if you had similar issues with your TV.  

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
TessM
Mastermind
Options

Hey @Asni ,

that is! Every TV comes with their One Connect Box. When did you get the TV? Have you tried to reach your nearest Support Centre to see if this can be repaired? Find your local one from here: https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/service-centre/

obitv
Pathfinder
Options
if you fail to get a box from samsung service center try buying the box for JS9000 version. Everything would work apart from WiFi. simply use ethernet - lan instead
Asni
Student
Options

I did but the cable head are different it didn’t fit so sent it back

0 Likes
EvilBergie
First Poster
Options

I have  a JS9000 and after a update a couple months ago the one connect box died just like yours. I was wondering where you bought the replacement box (the one for a JS9000)  and what did you pay for it because prices are all over the place and there's a million different boxs. 

0 Likes
Ringo_uk
First Poster
Options

Hi can you just confirm that JS9000 will work on UE55HU8500? MY 8500 box has failed and cheaper option is JS900 but I don't know why Asni said he tried but the cables are different when they are completely the same? I've got a JS9000 cable and its same.

0 Likes