Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One Connect Box issues

(Topic created on: 20-01-2021 05:53 PM)
DDinh
First Poster
Options

Just got done talking with Samsung Support to fix a Qled 6 for having Intermittent issues. We only the tv for a little more than a year. The tech walked me through the troubleshooting steps. The same troubleshooting steps that I’ve found on other online threads that deals with this issue:

-Turn on/ turn off

-Make tv software is up to date

-And then do complete reset. 

After all that. The issue persisted. And the tech automatically says that I will need to replace the One Connect box and the invisible cable wire!

To which I asked if this is a known issue with the Qled and the One Connect box?

Tech replies that this is “not” a known issue to them!

Of course I called “Bull*****”!

Really?  Not a known issue? But the remedy that you automatically prescribed to me is to get a new one connect box!

You didn’t tell me that it could be a display issue. Or any other issue. You just gave me one recommendation. And that is to get a new One Connect Box. But yet, it’s not a known issue to you?!

If its not a known issue to you then Samsung must be trying real hard to play deaf and dumb. Because the moment I google one connect issues. There multiple threads listing troubleshooting advices for it!!

And the kicker?  The new One Connect box will cost you $500!!  

Might as well by myself a brand new tv!!

63 REPLIES 63
OPrice96
First Poster
Options

Seem to have a similar issue, one connect box is not recognising any of the cables I plug in. Even bought a new hdmi and that was still not recognised and cannot get hold of anyone at Samsung to support

0 Likes
Oneconnect56
Student
Options

Received a new One Connect box from Samsung. Fixed it perfectly. Samsung's customer support team is pretty good and they will outsource the repairs to an authorized service center near you.

0 Likes
Novato California
First Poster
Options

I have issue too. 

TV doesn't turn on if I unplug overnight then it works. Looks like some preprogrammed failure in Samsung TV. 

I have Samsung phones and other appliances. 

0 Likes
TizzyTech
First Poster
Options

Model: QN65Q7CAMFXZA -  Similar issue as others and it is definitely the OneConnect Box and / or Cable. Turning on TV after being turned off for a period of time only displays some gradient colors and mostly black screen or just a black screen. No Menu is display if using the remote. Initially we would unplug the Connect One Cable and then connect again to get a picture. Now that no longer works and we have to unplug the TV and plug it back in. Based on comments, Samsung is very aware of the issue. Time to switch to LG. 

Sebak2003
Apprentice
Options

Barry, could you fix it finally? I am having the same issue 1 year and a half after purchase!

Please, looking forward your repy

0 Likes
Sebak2003
Apprentice
Options

Anyone could  fix it? I am having the same issue 1 year and a half after purchase! I can’t believe so much money for this and this problem! I have a Q90r 

0 Likes
Barrys_Qled
Pioneer
Options
My TV did end up getting fixed, but it needed a new circuit board for the One Connect Box and invisible cable.

I now have insurance to cover any issues, which Im sure will happen again.
0 Likes
Sebak2003
Apprentice
Options

Barry, thanks for your reply, how much cost the new circuit board? As a new one box or less? And the insurance was made for Samsung?

Really aprecciate your help !!

0 Likes
Barrys_Qled
Pioneer
Options
Less to replace the board, but you will probably need to replace the cable too

Approximate prices in £

New OCB: £500

Cable: £150
Board: £130-£150
- Cost of repair on top.

Because i was just outside warranty by 2weeks, Samsung contracted the repair for free, but I had to sign-up for insurance though. Insurance costs me £7.50 a month.
0 Likes
Little132
Student
Options

I had the same problem. This is the second time the one connect has gone bad. I did buy one the first time it went out. I’m not going to buy it again. SAMSUNG IS GOING DOWNHILL. THIS IS A PROBLEM THAT THEY EONT SOLVE. I’ve had 8-10 Samsung Tv’s and I won’t buy another one. There customer service is no help. 

0 Likes