Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One Connect Box issues

(Topic created on: 06-01-2021 06:22 PM)
DDinh
First Poster
Options

Just got done talking with Samsung Support to fix a Qled 6 for having Intermittent issues. We only the tv for a little more than a year. The tech walked me through the troubleshooting steps. The same troubleshooting steps that I’ve found on other online threads that deals with this issue:

-Turn on/ turn off

-Make tv software is up to date

-And then do complete reset. 

After all that. The issue persisted. And the tech automatically says that I will need to replace the One Connect box and the invisible cable wire!

To which I asked if this is a known issue with the Qled and the One Connect box?

Tech replies that this is “not” a known issue to them!

Of course I called “Bull*****”!

Really?  Not a known issue? But the remedy that you automatically prescribed to me is to get a new one connect box!

You didn’t tell me that it could be a display issue. Or any other issue. You just gave me one recommendation. And that is to get a new One Connect Box. But yet, it’s not a known issue to you?!

If its not a known issue to you then Samsung must be trying real hard to play deaf and dumb. Because the moment I google one connect issues. There multiple threads listing troubleshooting advices for it!!

And the kicker?  The new One Connect box will cost you $500!!  

Might as well by myself a brand new tv!!

63 REPLIES 63
CaptainJim
First Poster
Options

I just noticed this topic and wanted to chime in on the oneconnect box...

I've got a 2016 65" 8000 series with the OC box and it's always been a problem.  The HDMI ARC port has issues quite often requiring everything to be unplugged, plugged back in, and then setting up all the sources.  I think part of the issue is I am using a receiver with this TV but it should still work as designed.  This is a major issue with me and after purchasing 20+ Samsung TV's I am not sure I will buy another one.

I have noticed they are starting to phase out the OC box so that should tell you something!  Samsung claims it's expensive to make which I doubt, it feels very cheap and flimsy in your hand.

WhatHappenedToSam
First Poster
Options

I’m having the same issue with the newest of the (5) Samsung TVs. Two years ago I thought I would splurge and buy a 75” top of the line TV for the family. TV is only used for streaming. There is nothing plugged into the one connect and hasn’t moved since the TV was mounted. However the cheaper Samsung that has been in my garage environment for 6 years works just fine. I was crazy for Samsung, my phone, tablet, (5)TVs, and (2) 32” monitors. I WAS holding out on buying a tablet because I wanted the new one they are releasing this month. I’m done with Sam over this issue. The one connect is garbage and completely pointless. I have a 75” TV that will not work because of a flimsy black box. DONE DONE DONE! Never will I buy another. Samsung knows this is an issue and refuse to acknowledge.  I’m not going to spend more money on a one connect that is significantly over priced to see if that fixes my issue...    or maybe it’s the cable? SamsungSupportYOUNOT. DONE.

Now I’m going to research a new TV and try to forget about my lost love SAM.

AkutuRed
Apprentice
Options

Samsung refused to assist me because where i bought my TV wasn't on their list. I mean how? I had the TV for only a week. The Samsung technician told me it might be the cable. Later verified and the cable alone is $300 and the one connect box $500. So you go figure. I don't think Apple will treat their customers that way if they manufacture TV's.  Apple and the rest treat their customers well. Im not happy with the service at all.

0 Likes
Brazil_2
First Poster
Options

Hello all, I am from Brazil, and I am facing the same issue of with my Q7FN - One Connect Box. The problems  of black flickering screen  appear after 2 hours of playing XBOX ONE with 4K and game mode active. Tried to change the location of One Connect to get fresh air, change HDMI cable and ports, but the problem persists. I noticed the chassis ventilation design is really poor. 

0 Likes
PowerToTheNerd
First Poster
Options

I'm having the same problem!

0 Likes
SurleyPenguin
First Poster
Options

hi! i don't know if this topic is still on-going, but i started having trouble with audio on my Samsung tv about 2months ago... some channels NO audio at all, some no audio during commercials, some a mix ...As I bought it at Best Buy i've been talking with them, and even had an excellent associate (a part of their Magnolia dept) come to my house to help... as i'm able to get audio thru my receiver, we determined it is NOT the receiver or my cable provider... we tried new HDMI cables to no avail... so now  i've been told that it seems like it could be my One Connect Box that needs replacing, which of course they do not sell.... has anyone had an audio issue like this before?  Do i really need to spend several hundred more dollars on a new box (tv is less than 2yrs old) ... i'm seeing in other posts that this product is no longer made by Samsung, and in looking at other sites, i'm seeing various types/model #'s.. does that matter?  HELP!! (and thank you)

0 Likes
Oneconnect56
Student
Options

Same problem with mine. One connect is garbage.

0 Likes
obitv
Pathfinder
Options

Most connectivity or power issues with One Connect based TV's are the faulty cable based. Simply change the cable and it will resolve your issue. Cables can be purchased from your local samsung authorised repair centers. Info on samsung website at the support section. Samsung needs to supply these cables free of charge anytime a customer calls up as 1st solution.

0 Likes
MelR
Student
Options

I resolved my OneConnect problem with a larger screen and cheaper than the cost of the cable and/or Box....a LG tv...Moved on..no more Samsung problem!

NoPain71
Student
Options

Well, my question is, since it is a known issue, why not supply the people with the cable instead of making them pay $300 for a new one? That would be pretty stand up of Samsung.