Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

On-screen volume display

(Topic created on: 01-10-2020 06:51 PM)
Sourshoes
Journeyman
Options

Hello everyone, I cannot find the setting to disable the on screen volume display on my Q80T. Is there a hidden setting somewhere? If not, can we get the option added by Samsung?

Thank you!

670387F1-6EFB-43EE-83B8-450F0EFA0244.jpeg

195 REPLIES 195
SherwinC
First Poster
Options

In the last day, I noticed this same issue on my samsung TV.  The "stupid" on screen volume ball was stuck on.

To clear it (or reset it so that it disappears shortly after you adjust the volume), I simply changed the output device from the bluetooth soundbar to be the speakers on the TV.  Then I set it back to the soundbar. 

After doing so, the little white ball will pop up and then disappear about 2 seconds after adjusting the volume.

I have had my TV have 2 years now and have only seen this once.  Samsung might simply be having problems reproducing the problem given its transient nature.

Robbienobs44
Journeyman
Options
I have a lot of experience in getting myself heard with Samsung. A few years back I protested directly to Samsung UK and USA CEO's and head of customer services team. I issued a letter of deadlock and continued to apply pressure daily.

It was in regards to issues with surround sound quality on a Samsung K650 soundbar after they applied an update and basically ruined what was a great soundbar.

Even managed to get an engineer from their development team in the UK to visit my house, and agree that there was an issue.

It took some time but I won in the end.

If anyone wants email address and contact numbers for head of customer services and CEO for UK ans US, then PM me as I am not sure if they are showing up here.

The last time I tried to share these they banned me
ldesaul
Journeyman
Options

You go, Robbie.

Git R done.

Robbienobs44
Journeyman
Options

Robbienobs44
Journeyman
Options

Robbienobs44
Journeyman
Options

Sean 

Senior Customer Services Executive| UK & Eire

e: *******

t: 0330 726 7864

0 Likes
Robbienobs44
Journeyman
Options

Sean 

Senior Customer Services Executive| UK & Eire

e: *******

t: 0330 726 7864

Robbienobs44
Journeyman
Options
0 Likes
Robbienobs44
Journeyman
Options
Head of customer service. *******

0 Likes
RBS1981
Apprentice
Options

We are asking for like 10 lines of code… it’s not rocket science, it is entirely cosmetic. Should be a total no-brainer to take UI direction from the users. 
If they really need to, Samsung should do some A/B testing and see for them selves that users don’t need 1/6 of their screen to tell them an arbitrary by number so they can tell if it is too loud or not.