Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

On-screen volume display

(Topic created on: 19-01-2023 12:17 AM)
Sourshoes
Journeyman
Options

Hello everyone, I cannot find the setting to disable the on screen volume display on my Q80T. Is there a hidden setting somewhere? If not, can we get the option added by Samsung?

Thank you!

670387F1-6EFB-43EE-83B8-450F0EFA0244.jpeg

195 REPLIES 195
Mark E Mark
First Poster
Options

HELLO SAMSUNG: FIX THIS ISSUE. THE VOLUME INDICATOR SHOULD HAVE THE OPTION TO BE TURNED OFF COMPLETELY. IS THAT SO HARD?   

MariMon
Journeyman
Options

+1

So huge this volume notification which is not needed especially when you have ARC to receiver. There should be an option to disable this. Please...

Steve128
Student
Options

This totally needs fixed. It's awful. 

Matymash
Apprentice
Options

It’s been going on to long Samsung. Come on please release an update to sort this annoying bug. You may not call it a big but if your customers are complaining about it then it’s a problem. I had the first  Sonos bar for a good few years connected by an optical lead and the volume never used to show on the screen. Now Iv bought the Q85 95 range and purchased the Sonos ark and now have that connected by HDMI on the e Ark. and to my surprise the volume now shows on screen every time I adjust the volume. And I have to do this more times than I’d like to as most tv channels and apps and YouTube channels have different volume settings.  So please please sort this silly option out and give your customers a choice to have this silly option or to turn it off. 

Bourkey11
First Poster
Options

How many times do people have to submit this request for you, Samsung, to take note.

If this isn't fixed, I'll never buy another Samsung TV...

Beastosung
First Poster
Options

God I hope Samsung fixes this one day. Just let me turn it off 

randomname1
Journeyman
Options

Agreed this is the dumbest UI decision ever, same with the DUMB remote thing I want the Numbers key for f sake

Protip: hey Samsung just remove the gray frame from the UI TV elements! And adapt the ui to smart remote/normal remote from user selection

Sourshoes
Journeyman
Options

OP here. I can't believe this thread is still getting traction after 3 years. Samsung are very clearly not going to do anything about our complaints so we'll have to cease purchasing Samsung TVs. There's nothing else we can do besides vote with our dollar. 

cwmarciniec
First Poster
Options

Unbelievable that this has been going on for 3 years and still no response from Samsung. I got a Samsung TV two days ago, found this today and was hopeful when I saw 11 pages. But no, just 11 pages of people asking for help and giving workarounds.

This is unacceptable, I will be returning my TV and never purchasing a Samsung product again.

Ck89
Explorer
Options

Yuuuup. This is the way.

I (silly me) bought three samsung TVs... But, sold the primary over a year ago (because of this volume OSD issue) and got an LG instead. Volume OSD gone!!

It's the little things like this that offer significant quality of life improvements when you're staring at the tv multiple hours per day.