Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

On-screen volume display

(Topic created on: 01-03-2021 05:16 PM)
Sourshoes
Journeyman
Options

Hello everyone, I cannot find the setting to disable the on screen volume display on my Q80T. Is there a hidden setting somewhere? If not, can we get the option added by Samsung?

Thank you!

670387F1-6EFB-43EE-83B8-450F0EFA0244.jpeg

194 REPLIES 194
Muddybulldog
First Poster
Options

Desperately needed and shouldn’t be hard to implement. When used in concert with a Samsung sound bar the OSD doesn’t trigger IF you use the soundbar remote. No reason the same can’t be done when using the TV remote. Functionality is there. Just needs some logic options. 

Codsnake
First Poster
Options

I really want this feature as well.

DaveBar72
First Poster
Options

This thread was started almost a year go and Samsung has not addressed it yet!  I use a Sonos Arc and every time I move the volume 1 or 2 bumps, my wife can see I turned it up.   Also, How do you change the name of the Source from Unknown to Tivo?

Danot
First Poster
Options

Would love to get this sorted too. Thanks for posting this issue. If anyone knows of a fix since the original post I’d be keen to know it. Thanks 

Melscott
First Poster
Options
The volume osd drives me crackers! so many programmes have different volume levels that I am forever changing it and that screen message gets very annoying. Come on Samsung, do something about it for the people suffering!
Ck89
Explorer
Options

FWIW, with a recent firmware update, the volume display pops up even when adjusting sound on a samsung sound bar with the sound bar remote. SO ANNOYING. Previously the volume icon did not come up on screen when adjusting with sound bar remote.

nicandh
First Poster
Options

I contacted Samsung support through multiple channels - direct call, Twitter, etc. - literally begging them to fix this, and they all said that this was a feature, not a bug, thanks, we'll pass this along to our development team, etc. 

My solution, which is not ideal, is to use a Logitech Harmony remote. I have a SONOS Arc, so when I change the volume for a given activity, it sends a command only to the SONOS soundbar, not the TV, so I avoid having to see any onscreen volume indicator. 

The problem with this (other than the additional expense and complexity) is that Harmony doesn't support voice commands, so I'm unable to use that function either with the TV itself or with a connected media player. 

Samsung, PLEASE make this change. It cannot be that complicated! 

Ck89
Explorer
Options

This is certainly one solution. And props to you for trying to reach out to them on basically any available channel. I’ve had zero luck. 

I also have a Logitech harmony but unfortunately, my sound bar is Samsung brand. So, even though my volume command is sent only to the sound bar - the TV still shows the dang volume level. This is the same result if I use the remote that came with the sound bar. Ugh. 

Samsung, this is not a *feature*. It is an annoying bug. Roll it back, please remove this stupid volume osd. If I really want to know the volume level, I’ll read the display on the sound bar. Thanks.

Sourshoes
Journeyman
Options

I’m glad that I’m not the only one annoyed by this. It’s pretty annoying this hasn’t been addressed yet.