Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

On Screen Remote

(Topic created on: 27-08-2022 01:10 AM)
Stephen Frame
Student
Options

I have a Samsung Frame Smart TV.  For some reason whenever I hit the pause/play button on my remote I’m seeing a circle appear on the screen with the remote buttons.  How do I get rid of it?  Never saw it before until tonight.  Thanks for your help.

11 REPLIES 11
xSteveuk
Mastermind
Options
Hi
Try unplugging TV
for 30 seconds
And plug it back in

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01202526/
0 Likes
Stephen Frame
Student
Options

Thanks for your reply.  I tried what you suggested and I’m still seeing it.  It’s a circle with the play and pause buttons highlighted.  It shows up every time I hit pause and play button 

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@Stephen Frame: Are you watching a recorded programme at the time? From what I can gather from the User Manual this appears to be normal behaviour, as pressing the Play/Pause button brings up playback controls, and is used as a visual cue to show that programme has been paused. 

0 Likes
LordBagel
First Poster
Options

This has occurred for us too. Surely this is some accessibility feature but can’t find a way to turn it off. Bloody annoying to have to hit the buttons twice, and then the other buttons take on new behaviours. ***** UI if this is designed. 

DANGRYnz
First Poster
Options

Did you find a solution? The onscreen remote is painful!

0 Likes
Ndonelly
Student
Options

Ever get resolution?  I'm thinking of returning my TV because of this 

0 Likes
Rad0slav
Apprentice
Options

My problem is exact opposite - i used to use it for TV recorded shows but now it does not come up with the circle

0 Likes
Jacksib
First Poster
Options

Did you ever get the problem solved? My tv has started doing the same thing. Stop/pause button appears on screen when hitting that button on remote, very annoying.

0 Likes
Ndonelly
Student
Options

No....I actually returned the TV...it was too annoying.  Good luck.

0 Likes