Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

NU7100 firmware 1202.3 update has caused power-on/blank screen issue

(Topic created on: 05-04-2019 09:53 AM)
sinners007
Journeyman
Options

Since the latest firmware (1202.3) my 55NU7100 has developed an issue. Basically, if using HDMI 1-2-3, when I power on the TV, I get a black screen (no smart hub/no picture). The TV is on, I can hear sounds when I press remote buttons, but the screen is not showing a picture.

The solution to temporarily fix this issue is to turn the TV back off & on OR to power on the TV by pressing a channel button (instead of power button) which launches into the DTV, that doesn’t exhibit the blank screen issue (experienced when using HDMI 1-2-3). It seems the latest firmware brought with it a HDMI handshake fail problem.

I thought I’d check to see if anyone else here is having this problem &/or has found a solution. A few people on avsforums/rtings.com have indicated they have the same issue since firmware 1202.3, on both the NU7100 & NU8000. I've contacted Samsung but they won’t allow me to rollback the firmware and won’t confirm if/when a new firmware will come and if it does, whether it will address this problem.

31 REPLIES 31
sinners007
Journeyman
Options

chrisnewton - that is correct, leaving the TV in DTV mode before turning off; switching to a HDMI input that is not on GAME mode; or turning the TV on using a channel number on the remote (thus launching the DTV) are all ways around the black screen issue.

Samsung are aware of this issue and will hopefully fix it with the next firmware update.

0 Likes
chrisnewton
Navigator
Options

unfortunatly for me switching to a HDMI mode that is not in game mode does not work for me, i have this issue and none of my HDMI are in game mode.

0 Likes
sinners007
Journeyman
Options

Have you tried unplugging all your hdmi devices and testing it? Either way, hopefully Samsung will release a fix soon  

0 Likes
chrisnewton
Navigator
Options

no not tired that mate, i just leave to on terristeral for now, until a fix comes alon im ok with that

0 Likes
Daxing
Journeyman
Options
I have the 49 nu7100 and I have the exact same problem, which is frustrating to say the least.
0 Likes
sinners007
Journeyman
Options

I have gone through a lot of trouble shooting with Samsung (USA) & they have been able to reproduce the issue on their test unit which means, a fix should hopefully be coming with the next firmware update. I guess a bit of patience is now required.

Daxing
Journeyman
Options
Superb work on the troubleshooting you have had to go through. Fingers crossed this won't be a long wait 👍👍
0 Likes
fan7steelers
Student
Options

I have been having this exact same issue. I have gone through 4 nu7100s and I just got the Q6FN and it has the exact same issue. I have contacted Samsung each time and each time they tell me there are "no reported issues" similar to my issue, that they have no plan on fixing it, and that it is a hardware issue, which it's not becuase I can run everything just fine but the menu will not appear. I'm not sure if i should return my TV and call it quits on Samsung for good or try again... Any comments or help?

0 Likes
sinners007
Journeyman
Options

It sounds like you are being served up some Samsung customer service garbage. The issue happens across all these lines (NU7, NU8 & QG series) and they know about it. The problem is, one guy I have dealt with knows about it, everyone else at Samsung seems oblivious. It’s a bit of a farce to be honest.

I’m going to wait for a fix (I will give them until my warranty is up) as the issue is minimal and I have adjusted to turning on the TV first to DTV then switching to the HDMI input. If you aren’t comfortable, ask for a refund and get yourself a different brand.

fan7steelers
Student
Options

The different brands just don't seem to hold up to Samsung quality which is a shame becasue they are ruining their repuation for me with this issue and how they are handling it. There is one left within 250 miles and I think I'm going to take a shot and make an exhange. I'm terrified that it may have other issues or even be physically broken but I guess I'm going to roll the die...

0 Likes