Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NowTV app

(Topic created on: 31-03-2022 09:05 AM)
Andyhx
Journeyman
Options

Today the NowTV app decided to tell me that the TV needs a firmware update. Software is up to date and have tried tech support... They're going to ring back... No help from Nowtv. Any suggestions? Thanks 

34 REPLIES 34
ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

Hi all. Due to technical issues with no current resolution, the Now TV application has been removed from our Smart Monitors. We continue to work closely with the application provider working toward redeployment if and when possible.

Nessa
Student
Options

This is a ridiculous response to a customer service issue. I bought my Samsung in October…for the sole purpose of watching all apps. Now you are saying NowTV has been removed with no pathway to resolution? 

Blanquiazules
Apprentice
Options

Completely agree, presumably there will be some kind of refund option being made available to those of us who have bought one of these monitors in the last 12 months on the basis it was compatible with standard apps?

Tazio Agrela
First Poster
Options

Hi Chris,

Surely there has to now be a resolution to this issue?

I specifically bought this monitor due to the fact that the NOW TV app worked on the device.

Grifting
Student
Options

any update on this just bought two smart monitors for house. I just expected apps like now tv to be available in the UK. Very disappointing, especially as this issue seems to be at least 3 months old.

Members_y1RCbi0
First Poster
Options

hi Samsung.

I, like others, purchased my LS27AM500NUXEN because I like Samsung products but also more specifically because the NowTV app worked on the device. It worked fine for three months, from July to October 2021. It is now March 2022 and is redeployment likely? Surely Samsung and Sky (Now) have the technical resource and ability to resolve this issue?

If this cannot be resolved, can customers contact Samsung for a refund or do we have to return to our retailer (in my case Currys in the UK)?

Nessa
Student
Options

Yes Samsung: please advise on refund options here 

ElDodrigo
Explorer
Options
I purchased one of these monitors yesterday, not seeing anywhere mention about Now TV issues.

You've known for the past 3 months and never thought that this should have been displayed somewhere clear, in the monitor's description ? Like others, this was to have everything in one place, easy to use, etc.
I wonder if the fact the monitor is identified as a display device, rather than an actual television, could mean Now TV servers ignore any request coming from the device, as displays usually are just displays.

I have a Galaxy Note 9 with Wireless Dex on it. Weirdly enough, screen mirroring won't allow a video to play due to security protections in place... however, Wireless Dex allows me to play the videos.
0 Likes
lmcowls
First Poster
Options

Same here. I have now tv subscription and can not watch on this device but advertised when brought it is available. Had been using but then suddenly just disappeared. Been waiting on update when will be back. If no app then please let us know how we can return the monitor for refund? Thanks

0 Likes
ElDodrigo
Explorer
Options
Hi Chris, my M70A has a new firmware, v 2000, via USB. This has been installed but there aren't any Release Notes and everything seems to be identical to the previous version, 1201 (if I'm not mistaken).
For an update of 1Go, I thought this may have had a fix around the Now app not being available, but nope, that wasn't the case.
Would you happen to have any updates about when we could potentially get the Now app to download? The point of this screen was to have no external devices for Now, Amazon Prime, Netflix, Disney +, etc.
Thanks.
0 Likes