Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NowTV app

(Topic created on: 29-10-2021 03:14 PM)
Andyhx
Journeyman
Options

Today the NowTV app decided to tell me that the TV needs a firmware update. Software is up to date and have tried tech support... They're going to ring back... No help from Nowtv. Any suggestions? Thanks 

34 REPLIES 34
SereneH
Options

Please unplug your monitor from the wall socket > Wait 30 seconds, then plug your monitor back in > Disconnect the Wi-Fi and reconnect it. 

giphy.gif
Sean03
Pathfinder
Options
Thanks for your reply. I just tried this now. For a moment I saw "Downloading content" on the restart but there's been no change in the main issue.
0 Likes
Blanquiazules
Apprentice
Options

I have the same issue, nowtv app worked fine until I tried today and am getting the message about updating firmware.

0 Likes
melcat
First Poster
Options

I'm encountering the same issue. I was able to use the Now TV app until recently, but last week when I tried to use it again it started showing the message "Please update your firmware" upon launch.

Device: 27" M50A Full HD Smart Monitor - S27AM500NU

Current software version: 1101 (ver 1101.0 / Aug 31. 2021 / downloaded from Samsung website and installed via USB).

Troubleshooting:

• Updated TV software to latest version;
  • Tried reinstalling the Now TV app;
  • Tried turning the power off at the outlet for 2 minutes and then turned the TV back on again.
Patathome-5
First Poster
Options

I am having the same problem with the Now ap - has anyone found a solution yet?

0 Likes
Blanquiazules
Apprentice
Options

Afraid not, Samsung don’t seem interested in helping their customers unfortunately.

Ironically, I also have an older model Samsung which has stopped being compatible with BT Sport - audio and visual don’t sync - and they haven’t managed to sort that one either.

Am really disappointed, I like Samsung and have several products but will be switching to a more compatible / reliable brand next time round.

0 Likes
Andyhx
Journeyman
Options

I was told my TV isn't compatible with the NowTV app despite watching previously. Disappointing. 

ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

Hi all!

We are aware of an issue affecting the NowTV app on on some Smart Monitors. This seems to be affecting the following models:

LSxxAM500

LSxxAM700

This is currently being investigated and we'll advise you on here, when a solution has been found. Apologies for the inconvenience.

Emily Cooper
Student
Options

Hello - any solution to this issue yet? 

fridakahlo22
Student
Options
Hi, is there any update? We bought monitor tv only in July as it stated its ability to run NOW amongst other apps. Thanks
0 Likes