Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NowTV app

(Topic created on: 28-10-2021 08:22 AM)
Andyhx
Journeyman
Options

Today the NowTV app decided to tell me that the TV needs a firmware update. Software is up to date and have tried tech support... They're going to ring back... No help from Nowtv. Any suggestions? Thanks 

34 REPLIES 34
Mooney
First Poster
Options
Try clearing the cache and the data for the NowTV app. Restart your device.
0 Likes
Andyhx
Journeyman
Options

Hi. Thx for that. I'll try to work out how :smiling-face: cheers 

0 Likes
Andyhx
Journeyman
Options

Sadly that doesn't work

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@Andyhx: Please can you confirm the model number of your TV, located on the sticker on the back of the set, or in Settings > Support > About This TV. In the meantime, try heading to Settings > Support > Software Update > Update Now to search for any available updates via Wi-Fi. Depending on the model, I'd also recommend heading to Home > Apps > Settings (cog symbol) > Now TV > Reinstall. 

Andyhx
Journeyman
Options

Hi. Ls32am700uuxen. 

I've updated the software as of yesterday. Cleared cache and data. Reinstalled and power cycled. No difference I'm afraid. Just the nowtv app 😞

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@Andyhx: When you head to Settings > Support > Software Update, what version are you currently on? I've had a look into this for you, and the latest available version is 1101.0. If you're not yet on this version, follow the link below, look for Upgrade File (USB type) ver 1101.0 and download the update onto a USB stick, which you can then connect to your TV, and install via Settings > Support > Software Update > Via USB. 

32" M70A UHD, USB-C Smart Monitor with Speakers & Remote | Samsung Support UK

Andyhx
Journeyman
Options

Hi. Yes that's what I am running 

0 Likes
Sean03
Pathfinder
Options
I have exactly the same problem on the Samsung M7 monitor. The app hasn't loaded from the day 1, asking for a firmware update. I've followed all instructions in this thread about updating from a USB, yet the monitor says everything is up to date and still the NOW TV app refuses to load beyond the "please update your firmware" screen. Please advise us, Samsung.
0 Likes
Andyhx
Journeyman
Options

I've been on with Curry's Samsung and NowTV. Last advice from Nowtv was to raise a complaint....

0 Likes