Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Not enough space on UN55NU6900FXZA

(Topic created on: 02-07-2021 11:09 PM)
StellarNova
First Poster
Options

I know my tv is dated, but I have been seeing that this is an ongoing issue with samsung tv's. As it is out of warranty what else can be done besides trying to reverse engineer the OS to allow a usb to be used to install apps to? I know you can only use the usb to play media/view pictures from it, but I really don't want to put in the time to try and do all of this when the problem is clearly a manufacturer oversight. Out 814mb, It always requests more than what the space is available to u[date. Even with just the factory apps. (which I also removed in the developer menu, but they get re-installed on every reboot)  and it makes the downloadable apps portion useless to me after it tries to update and then takes up all the space after it says update failed not enough space.

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
LiquidSnake
Big Cheese
Options
Best place to look is on xdadevelopers, but even so, it is VERY tricky (almost impossible I think with most TVs) to change the OS and allow the ability to sideload apps like an android TV. Just search your TV name and model no. + xdadevelopers on Google and look for reliable websites/YT tutorials 🙂.
0 Likes
Solution
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@StellarNova  There is a long thread about the issue, seemed to mainly effect  2018 Tv's (though this was not universal)  Initially some customers were advised  to  perform a factory rest use a USB drive.  However some customers found  a flash reset provided the best solution in freeing up space.

You need to follow this method:

Under the Samsung logo on the TV you have a small black button about 2-3cm in from the bottom edge. With the tv turned on

1. press the button at the logo for 5-10 seconds

2. Release the button

3. press the power button on the TV Remote for 5-10 seconds. Tv goes black and then restarts after a while. .

This will set everything back to factory settings, so all the logins will have to be re-entered. 

In some cases though an engineer visit was required to replace the board.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

DannyT
Options

@JAMES4578 beat me to it again! He is absolutely correct. Perform the Flash Reset and you'll have a lot more space to download your updates and any new apps you need too! 

Welcome to the Community!

Justeve
First Poster
Options

Failing that get into the hidden service menu and look into SVC option and reset your flash as a last resort

0 Likes
MikeNew
Student
Options

This worked for me 81mb free before, now 322mb.