Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Not available message on TV won't go away

(Topic created on: 03-10-2021 03:15 AM)
samsunny
Apprentice
Options

Hello,

I have a Samsung plasma TV model PS50C550G1W. A few days ago a message appeared on the screen that just says "Not available". Now the only thing I can do with my remote is turn the TV on and off, and I can change the TV channel. When the TV is on I can see that the LED light on the front is flashing lightly and very quickly.

20211003_040820.jpg

I have a Chromecast connected and a Samsung soundbar (via optical cable). When I activate the Chromecast the TV switches correctly the right input source, I can hear sound via the soundbar, and I can see the video I am playing via Chromecast. However the message remains on the screen. The TV doesn't respond to any other buttons on my remote except for the Power button, and the channel UP / DOWN buttons. I can see that the TV is receiving the IR commands from the remote because when I press different buttons on the remote the LED on the front of the TV glows red.

I have tried unplugging my TV for an hour (and disconnecting everything that was plugged into it) and turning it back on, but I still got the same message. I had the TV unplugged for many days, and after turning it back on the message was gone for about 15 minutes, but then it suddenly re-appeared. I have also tried various other suggestions I found on the Internet to enter the service menu, but I am unable to access the service menu.

Any thoughts on how to make this message go away? It would be a shame to have to buy a new TV just because of a message on my screen...

Thanks!

0 Likes
Go to solution
32 REPLIES 32
JhCali
First Poster
Options

Any solution to “Not Available ” message. I have even done a factory reset and it still won’t go away. Don’t have $$ for new TV. Thank you ! . 

0 Likes
JhCali
First Poster
Options

Any solution to “Not Available ” message. I have even done a factory reset and it still won’t go away. Don’t have $$ for new TV. Thank you 

0 Likes
Shazd
First Poster
Options

Tried power off, removing all plugged devices. Eventually pulled batteries out of remote & flashing and message ceased. New batteries in remote and its all fine again. Seems to simple to be true, but worked.

0 Likes
ResaM
First Poster
Options

I had this problem and realized it was the Samsung remote control that was in my drawer not the Comcast remote control. Once I took the Samsung remote out of the drawer, the message went away. Something must have been leaning on one of the buttons!

All is well now.

0 Likes
Members_lyUMekc
Student
Options

Hi funny enough my tv started this so just following your advice to see if it work as I have a fire cube and virginmedia and a soundbar.

0 Likes
Members_lyUMekc
Student
Options

Same thing happening to me 

16522943531576510997834853491951.jpg

0 Likes
AzlanJaani
First Poster
Options

what should I do with this’ whenever I press any  Button from my remote, ‘not available’ message is flashing😟0EEDB789-141D-4ED0-996A-136C967E85DF.jpeg

0 Likes
Chrisreillyuk
Apprentice
Options
Did you sort this
0 Likes
Viriki
First Poster
Options

Same to me. How did you solve it? I need help 

0 Likes
Viriki