Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Not available message on TV won't go away

(Topic created on: 04-10-2021 01:40 PM)
samsunny
Apprentice
Options

Hello,

I have a Samsung plasma TV model PS50C550G1W. A few days ago a message appeared on the screen that just says "Not available". Now the only thing I can do with my remote is turn the TV on and off, and I can change the TV channel. When the TV is on I can see that the LED light on the front is flashing lightly and very quickly.

20211003_040820.jpg

I have a Chromecast connected and a Samsung soundbar (via optical cable). When I activate the Chromecast the TV switches correctly the right input source, I can hear sound via the soundbar, and I can see the video I am playing via Chromecast. However the message remains on the screen. The TV doesn't respond to any other buttons on my remote except for the Power button, and the channel UP / DOWN buttons. I can see that the TV is receiving the IR commands from the remote because when I press different buttons on the remote the LED on the front of the TV glows red.

I have tried unplugging my TV for an hour (and disconnecting everything that was plugged into it) and turning it back on, but I still got the same message. I had the TV unplugged for many days, and after turning it back on the message was gone for about 15 minutes, but then it suddenly re-appeared. I have also tried various other suggestions I found on the Internet to enter the service menu, but I am unable to access the service menu.

Any thoughts on how to make this message go away? It would be a shame to have to buy a new TV just because of a message on my screen...

Thanks!

0 Likes
32 REPLIES 32
AndrewL
Options

@samsunny: Typically if the LED light on the front of the TV is flashing constantly, then this suggests that there is an issue with the TV that will require an engineers inspection. The issue could potentially be stemming form your remote, such as from a sticking button, as this would also cause the LED to flash in this manner. To double check this, please remove the batteries from your remote, and use the buttons on right hand side of the TV itself to switch to the relevant source. Let me know how you get on. 

0 Likes
samsunny
Apprentice
Options

Hello Andrew,

Thanks for your reply! I had already tried to remove the batteries from the remote, as well as all other remotes or electronics I could find that might be sending out an IR signal - but still no luck. The buttons on the side of the TV do respond to touch (I see that the LED stops flashing when I press them), however the TV doesn't seem to process which button I press. What I do see is that the TV is constantly cycling through all the TV channels, as if it is constantly receiving a command to change the channel up.

If this does require a technician, do you have any idea which part of the TV needs to be replaced?

Thanks!

0 Likes
TessM
Mastermind
Options

Hi again @samsunny ,

If your Samsung remote keeps saying that it is not available, turn your television set off and allow it to completely drain of power. Once this is completed, turn the TV back on and simultaneously hold down the 'Return' and 'Play/Pause' buttons on the remote control as the TV starts back up.

0 Likes
samsunny
Apprentice
Options

Hello Tess,

Thank you for your reply. My remote is not giving me an error message, it is on my TV screen. However I have already tried this fix, and it doesn't resolve my problem. I get the same error message.

Cheers!

AsadM
Options

Do you have anything connected to your TV, @samsunny? If you do, try removing the connections, switch off the TV for 30 seconds from the power socket, and switch on the TV without the connections to see if this still appears. 

0 Likes
samsunny
Apprentice
Options

Hello Asad,

Thank you for your tip. I already tried this. I removed all cables, unplugged the TV for at least 60 minutes, and plugged it in again (only the power cord). It still shows the same behaviour.

Cheers.

0 Likes
Solution
AsadM
Options

It'll be ideal to get the TV inspected to determine what actions to take to get this sorted, @samsunny. You can arrange this with any one of our Approved Support Centres. You can find the closest here: https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/service-centre/

0 Likes
samsunny
Apprentice
Options

Thanks. I was afraid that that might be the solution! However, I appreciate the support here in the forum.

Cheers!

prishunibhu
First Poster
Options

Hi, 

I have the same problem now. Much appreciated if you can share the resolution of the issue. 

Thanks

0 Likes