Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Noisy One connect box.

(Topic created on: 30-09-2021 02:09 PM)
thejon
Journeyman
Options

Good afternoon.

Not been on here for a while thankfully not needed to.

I recently purchased the qn95a.

When the TV is on the one connect box makes a high pitched buzzing noise.

And when its switched off the noise changes more to a hum.

Does anybody out there with this TV have a noisy box?

Thanks for any replies.

88 REPLIES 88
G4m3k0nt01
Journeyman
Options

Ok guys. The coil whine is still there but much less noticeable and is not ruining the late night movies as it did before. I would still like to return the TV because I think there shouldn’t be coil whine at all. As mentioned earlier the information I got is that a motherboard has been replaced but the shop where I bought it doesn’t know if it’s in the TV or box.

axelberlin
Explorer
Options

Thanks a lot, that You give us feedback! That's bad news. We even can't wrap something around the box because of the heat. So I have to decide now, wether I live with it. So long.

0 Likes
Turin_Turambar
First Poster
Options

So, replying after some months to myself, so people can see what happened, in the end.

(I am Turin Turambar from above, but that user got locked and I can't unlock it...)

CS technician came a few times to my home, to see the tv, and later to try to fix the issue with a firmware. It didn't work. In the end, they replaced the entire panel. Which is pretty funny because at that point, they could well have replaced the entire tv, they only kept the old speakers and main board. 

I can say this has improved the high pitch noise by... 40%? or so, which in my case, it has been enough to forget about it, as it always was a faint sound, even if in specific situations I'm still able to hear it (in silence, in the middle of the night...).

axelberlin
Explorer
Options

Thank You so much for Your feedback! So I think I have to accept this annoying sound. 😞

Thanks again!

0 Likes
lt03
Pioneer
Options

Yeah, thank you for your feedback. 

0 Likes
christolito
First Poster
Options

I have a weird thing you can try, if you hear noice from behind the TV (and not the box), and have a wall mount. Try releasing the top "magnets" so that there is a slight tilt forward. That seems to remove some of my issues :face-with-tears-of-joy: Or I haven't heard any noice since. Or just a coincidence...

0 Likes
Members_wCp44av
First Poster
Options

Don’t know how, but this fixed it for me… even though it talks about a different TV (if you’re still having this problem!!!) https://www.sleewee.com/samsung-tv-high-pitched-sound-fix-samsung-background-static-noise/

0 Likes
webraider
Explorer
Options

I bought my qn95b a week ago - also have the mosquito noise. It seems to come from the back of the TV, where the one connect cable goes in. It does 100 % not come from the box as far as I can tell.

Also only is noticable in standby, but super annoying as you clearly hear it from 4m away.

Do you all think that every model with the One Connect Box has this issue? Because if that is the case, I will try to upgrade to the 2023 model without the OCB.

0 Likes
Prototype89
Explorer
Options

Just adding my two cents. I just got my QN95B and it also has the buzzing sound. It's not very often, several times a day when on standby and it does appear, at least for me, to be coming from the one connect box. 

Wiggling the cable to the box stops the noise.

I've been offered an exchange as the tv is less than a week old but there's no guarantee that the new one won't have the same issue. It's such a pain.

0 Likes
the_bart123
Navigator
Options

I've bought older QN90B - I have same noise as everyone here coming from around HDMI ports - BUT I am also electrical engineer - and I am 10000% sure it is what is known as a "coil whine" - it is in EVERYTHING - Graphics Cards in PC - power supplies - the only way to fully fix it - it is to open up power supply and cover coil with silicone or hot glue (silicone is better)

0 Likes