Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Noisy One connect box.

(Topic created on: 30-09-2021 02:09 PM)
thejon
Journeyman
Options

Good afternoon.

Not been on here for a while thankfully not needed to.

I recently purchased the qn95a.

When the TV is on the one connect box makes a high pitched buzzing noise.

And when its switched off the noise changes more to a hum.

Does anybody out there with this TV have a noisy box?

Thanks for any replies.

88 REPLIES 88
lt03
Pioneer
Options

Ansewer to christolito.

exact description of my problem, apart from i think it is comeing from the PSU, but other then from where, the same problem. And yes a Samsung tech would be nice, but it seems like they are being " samsung costumer support" and not helping the buyers of their "high end" TVs

0 Likes
christolito
First Poster
Options

So I have something you might test. I (think) it helped for me (with the noice coming from back of TV) - when you hear the noice; slightly pull the one connect cable just a little bit from its connector until noice stops, then leave it there. Test so that there's still a connection. I haven't heard the noice in a while after doing this, and turning off wifi + "turn on with smartphone" option.

0 Likes
lt03
Pioneer
Options

I have been hunting for this periodical high pitched noise for 113 days now. It comes from the One Connnect Box and I think it might be bad PSU, or at least it is like that on my TV.

Thank you for your idea / suggestion. They are always welcome and read with great interest.

0 Likes
Kramms
Explorer
Options

Strange question but what video settings do you have it set to? Mine makes an awful high pitched noise in all but Filmaker mode! Who knows but completely solves the issue. They replaced the PSU, panel and the main board which is every component. Same noise after the parts change. 

0 Likes
Peter_swe
First Poster
Options

When I use the intelligent mode for picture. It makes the buzzing sound (tho when the screen goes dark/black the sound goes away). When changing the setting to any other option e.g. Movie, film maker the buzzing disappear.

0 Likes
lt03
Pioneer
Options

Update:

Got a samsung tech out, who replaced my Oneconnect Box's power supply.

No change, still have trapped fly noise and a periodical high pitch noise when the TV is off (Standby).

0 Likes
christolito
First Poster
Options

Really annoying issue. I must say that I have not noticed the noice since I tried the solution in my reply above (pulling out the one connect cord from behind the tv, just a little bit) :smiling-face: 

0 Likes
whcvip
Journeyman
Options

Any news about this issue?

Just got the QD95A last week, did not notice the noise coming from the One Connect Box, until yesterday. Constant humming from the box, more when the TV is on. Also the "fly trapped inside" noise from the back of the TV.

Generally it is hit or miss in my apartment with noisy power supplies, not uncommon, but mostly expected from lower end devices, a little unfortunate in an expensive device like this TV (although got it on sale).

If it is not a defect, I can live with it personally, I'm around 3-4 meters away from the box, and cannot hear the humming, unless I really am listening for it at night with sound off. But it also makes lower humming noise when off, that's not great.

Defiantly sounds like coile whine, like GPU have a tendency to do, other power supply I have from my hue lights, also at some brightness is very loud, like said hit or miss here in my place (noisy powerlines).

Have you guys tried to connect power directly to a power plug, without other devices connected? Or maybe use a ferrite chokes on the power cord?

Sounds a little like the plastic lid and the box in total, is sining along sort of speak, making the noise louder, maybe putting some noise dampening material inside or on top of the box can help a little.

Anyways, like everything else about the TV, and the external connect box is a big selling point for me, so can live with it. But then again, would be nice to find a fix, if Samsung them self is not interested in doing so.

0 Likes
lt03
Pioneer
Options

No news. Still mailing with samsung.

0 Likes
axelberlin
Explorer
Options

I've purchased the new model GQ85QN95B, same trapped fly noise from the one connect box! Even when the TV is off. It's extremely annoying. 

0 Likes