Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Noisy One connect box.

(Topic created on: 01-12-2021 11:32 AM)
thejon
Journeyman
Options

Good afternoon.

Not been on here for a while thankfully not needed to.

I recently purchased the qn95a.

When the TV is on the one connect box makes a high pitched buzzing noise.

And when its switched off the noise changes more to a hum.

Does anybody out there with this TV have a noisy box?

Thanks for any replies.

88 REPLIES 88
lt03
Pioneer
Options

I have a Samsung QLED QN95A i have a humming and a periodicly high pitced noise from the box both on and off.

Also it seems like i have high pitced noise comeing from the display too.

TessM
Mastermind
Options

Hi @thejon  and @lt03 ,

do these noises appears when you select a particular source of channel? How long have you been experiencing this? 

0 Likes
thejon
Journeyman
Options

Good morning.

My problem has been there since it was bought.

The box is still doing same thing but it as started to make what sounds like a trapped fly buzzing every 5 minutes for about 30 seconds.

I have also noticed the high pitched noise from the screen aswell like lt03 mentioned.

It doesn't matter what source its on its present the whole time sadly.

Thanks

lt03
Pioneer
Options

Hi

The noises just started. When I am not sure, but they where not there from the begining.

Netflix, HBO mac, Chromcast channel does not matter.

There is 2 noises:

1) A constant huming from the Box, it gets louder when i turn on the TV.

2) A periodic high pitch noise from the Box . This is when the TV is on, and even if off, and if you turn up the brightness the high pitch noise get louder.  When this happens, after hours of use or not. I don't know. It's periodical, so testing is hard. 

Numerodouze
Journeyman
Options

Hello,

I have the same high pitched noise on the screen, have you found a solution?

0 Likes
lt03
Pioneer
Options

No, i have tried a few things, but no impact at all. Brigthness to 0 removes it, but...........

I think the TV is broken at this point. 😞

Leon2021
Journeyman
Options

Unfortunately, I have the exact same problem: the qn95 one connect box makes a high pitched "trapped fly" sound: the coils of the power supply board are resonating/oscillating, this travels through the one connect cable to the plug on the back of the screen, so you hear it there too.

it happens when I turn off the tv, every 5 minutes for about 30 seconds. when the tv has been turned off for a couple of hours it doesn't occur. Therefore resolvable with software update? (Hopefully yes). I also recognize the humming, but my ocb is in a closed cabinet so it's hardly noticable.

other issue: the random "network cable disconnected / connected" message. 😕

so, if there if someone from samsung present: please fix these issues on your flag ship.

Mickw87
Explorer
Options

I experience the same issues, the high pitched when switched on. And the humming every 5 minutes or so

0 Likes
lt03
Pioneer
Options

Hi @Leon2021, very very intersting info. Where do you know this stuff from?

1) The Box:  "Trapped fly noise", check i have it too. Huming noise is always there, even when the TV is turned off. It gets louder, when i turn the TV on. 

2) Display and / or box: "high pitched noise", check i have it too. It seems to increase or decrease if adjust the brigthness up and down.

My sounds are kinda Random, and i can't record them on my mobiles microphone, but they are there at night when watching TV. I have experienced the noise when i turn the TV on, and after haveing wartched TV for a few hours. It is so annoying, that I can hear it, when the TV is on and watching a movie.

3) Random LAN disconnect, check i have it too.

Perhaps a Samsung moderater or tech guy can shed some light on this. I will properly open a warenty case on my 3 month old TV come January. (I am a bit tied up, time wise atm. Haveing done it on 2 others QLED TV with thunderflies in the display, it takes time)

Comments?  @TessM , @ChrisM , @CarlH or anybody else.