Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No update files found on your USB device - Samsung Smart TV UE46ES8000

(Topic created on: 26-02-2021 09:34 AM)
jacobhw
First Poster
Options

Some apps won't work as I am running 2008 firmware on this TV. So I decided to try to upgrade it.

I have downloaded the firmware update from here https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/model/UE46ES8000UXXU/

I followed these instructions to the letter http://downloadcenter.samsung.com/content/FM/201303/20130306104951191/2012_TV_Firmware_Upgrade_Instr...

I made sure to format my USB drive as FAT32 and make sure my drive only contained a single folder containing the upgrade files, as recommended by others. The TV cannot find the firmware upgrade when I select upgrade by USB. 

0 Likes
18 REPLIES 18
7alhoul
Navigator
Options

Hi @jacobhw,

You did the right thing, so try with another  USB execute the file,  you select the USB via the browse button and the button extract in the last.

If the problem persists try a reset.

lauren2019
First Poster
Options

same thing and ive tried 20 times removing and re adding to usb drive and tv says cannot find update files on usb device

help

0 Likes
Basit
First Poster
Options

Yes, I am experiencing the same issue. Did you find out a solution yet?

MAtt_W
First Poster
Options

I am having same issues.  The TV dropped WIFI.  When I attempt to reconnect I get to the screen where you choose your WIFI and it just shuts down.

So far I did a WIFI reset

TV full reset

same issue

now I am trying to upgrade firmware.  I followed the manuals and download the firmware for my model.  Extracted and moved to USB.  The TV will not recognize it

I'm stuck.  What can I do?

0 Likes
Danempire
Student
Options

I have the same problem and I can see no replies to anyone's query here. On top of all, my TV does not show any apps any more, only one left is internet browser. Not even Samsung Apps! Let's hope Samsung customer service will reply soon. 

treeesh2
First Poster
Options

I have the same problem. I wish we can get help from anyone.

0 Likes
Soya1
Explorer
Options

I believe SAMSUNG TVs are not updating from USB sticks.

I have 3 TVs - ES8000, H5000 and H4000.

H5000 and H4000 do not read firmware from USB sticks at all. The ES8000 is connected by network.

CORRECTION - MUST RUN THE .EXE to decompress the file. SERIOUSLY.

Chiccuz
First Poster
Options

I had the same problem and I solved it by changing my USB stick with a smaller size one.

The first USB stick had 2GB size, probably to big for the TV.
I had the same issue with other older devices.

Using a USB stick with a size lower than 512MB I made the firmware update without problems.

0 Likes
Soya1
Explorer
Options

Oh! I should do that! Im using 1GB usb stick.

need to find a smaller one then.

0 Likes