Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No terrestrial / Freeview on my new smart tv.

(Topic created on: 08-12-2020 01:09 AM)
Highlander52
First Poster
Options

Hello, I have a new Frame tv and it's set up with Wi-Fi and the One Box is connected to aerial socket, but there are no terrestrial / Freeview channels. I've tried auto-tuning and resetting on numerous occassions but still nothing. What am I doing wrong? Thanks. 

71 REPLIES 71
fanisp
Student
Options

I am in the UK.  So do they have built in freeview or not? Do they have built in freesat? Hope you all realize this is two different things. One with an air antenna and one with satellite. 

I just moved to the UK two days ago and already found all these. Now I live in an apartment complex so the antenna is not an issues . My TV at least 2020 model doesn't get any channels under terrestrial/digital - I will also try in a few days the satellite connection for freesat. Has anyone managed to get any of these work? 

0 Likes
ashyt16
Navigator
Options
absolute rubbish. there is not one tv released in the uk in the last few years that does not have a inbuilt freeview tuner including ALL Samsung TVs. It would be absolute madness on any manufacturers part not to.
Provide me with a Samsung model number that does not have a built in freeview tuner.

I have purchased a 2019 and 2020 Samsung TV, both with freeview tuners
0 Likes
Chertsey
First Poster
Options

I have the same issue. Quickly learning that Samsung TVs are bloody awful. Why the hell would they give us 'Samsung TV plus" with a bunch of ***** channels and not built in Freeview. Our old (and very rubbish) £100 Blaupunkt Tesco TV had that built in yet Samsung can't manage that?!

ArmElec
Journeyman
Options

Ok, so everyone on this thread with the same issue are all talking rubbish?

I can assure you as an electrician with many years experience working on tv installs and aerial installation, there is absolutely nothing wrong with our aerial feed. I’ve checked it on another TV and on my signal meter - no issues what so ever.

I’ve given up trying to get this resolved by Samsung, all they ever did was try and instruct me to either reset the TV (again) or do another channel scan. I’ve lost count of the number of times I’ve reset this TV (and it’s predecessor that we ultimately returned).

In the end I purchased a HDMI sender to transmit all of our Virgin channels to this TV so we could actually, you know, watch TV. 

Given the number of posters in this thread I am appalled  that Samsung have had zero input.

Tac82gy
First Poster
Options

It is not user error as I'm yet another person that hasn't got any of these channels, the minimum channels you expect. Tried every way possible, manual tuning says function not available, like others, plus i know my aerial is fine, Samsung error not user.

adds39939
Student
Options

I have a 2020 TU7000 Samsung Smart TV and I'm having the exact issues everyone is facing here. I have tried just about every auto tune option and I got nothing other than the 83 useless Samsung TV Plus channels. Is it correct that these new TVs don't have a Freeview tuner? My aerial configuration is definitely working - tested on an older Freeview capable TV. I find it pretty unacceptable if this is the case.

adds39939
Student
Options

After being on the phone to Samsung support for half an hour, the operator simply hung up! No attempt to recall either. This is a disgrace. Clearly there is something wrong with these TVs as multiple people in this thread have rightly pointed out and got absolutely no help from Samsung. Never buying a Samsung TV again, and that's not even mentioning how awfully slow the Tizen OS can be! 

Sam119
First Poster
Options

I've had exactly the same issue. Bought a new aerial, had my old one tested etc. But, no luck. Looks like a standard issue for these Samsung TVs. 

If you're reading this researching Samsung TVs. Do not buy one. 

DeeTee84
First Poster
Options
Plug working ariel in > Factory reset > It will work

When I set up the Frame I didn't have my ariel plugged in, therefore I had all of the above problems, couldn't even get the auto tune option to work. I took the nuclear option of a factory reset and it worked. Freeview channels there automatically. You'll have to login to your apps again but its worth it to have PROPER TV and not those awful Samsung channels. Hope this helps.
0 Likes
russjohnson
First Poster
Options

I have just bought a new Samsung Crystal UHD and can confirm NO terrestrial channels, in fact, NOTHING except for those dumb Samsung tv channels. Called support, hard reset and...NOTHING. Do not buy TV's from samsung.