Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No terrestrial / Freeview on my new smart tv.

(Topic created on: 24-06-2020 08:40 AM)
Highlander52
First Poster
Options

Hello, I have a new Frame tv and it's set up with Wi-Fi and the One Box is connected to aerial socket, but there are no terrestrial / Freeview channels. I've tried auto-tuning and resetting on numerous occassions but still nothing. What am I doing wrong? Thanks. 

71 REPLIES 71
ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

Hi @Highlander52 

Are you happy that the external aerial is working correctly and can receive the required TV signals? Do you have another TV you can check this with?

0 Likes
designerdave
First Poster
Options

I have the very same problem. 

I literally unplugged my old samsung tv which had full freeview and terrestrial channels, and plugged in my new tv... nothing. 

Frame4
Student
Options
I have the same problem, but I don’t even have the option of an auto tune, as it is not given in the settings. I had somebody from Samsung try to do it remotely but she couldn’t do it either.
She eventually gave up and said that she thinks that I may have been sold an ex display model.
Any ideas please?
Laura_stc
First Poster
Options

I have just bought a new Samsung Smart TV - I have the same problem.  Only Samsung TV Plus and no normal terrestrial tv.  There's no manual tuning on the new Samsung Smart TV either.  How do I just watch normal TV?

Frame4
Student
Options

They are changing my TV on Monday

so fingers crossed

Jake86
First Poster
Options

Hi, did you manage to resolve the issue in the end? I've just bought a Frame tv and having the same problem, can't seem to watch freeview/terrestrial.

Thanks,

Jake

pfodd125
Apprentice
Options

Hello was this ever resolved? I have a Samsung Smart TV and I cannot get terrestrial channels 

ArmElec
Journeyman
Options
Hello, was this ever resolved for anyone on this thread?

We’ve recently purchased a new Samsung Smart TV that doesn’t actually seem that smart - either that or I’m missing something really obvious - it will not receive any Freeview channels at all.
We sent the first TV back due to this issue only to discover that the replacement TV is the same.
Aerial is ok as I’ve checked it with a signal meter, but the ‘Smart’ TV will not receive a single channel. All I’m left with is those god-awful Samsung TV channels (how DO we turn those off??)
Quickly beginning to regret this purchase which is a shame as we’ve always tended to stick with Samsung.
Can anyone help - please??
zaihas
First Poster
Options

Hello 

Was anyone able to resolve this issue? 

I cant find any useful replies 😞 And I tried to chat online but the bot literally told me 'its busy' with no useful response

Any help would be appreciated! 

thanks