Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No sound with ARC

(Topic created on: 25-05-2018 06:25 PM)
beecksche
First Poster
Options

Hi,

i have a Samsung UE40C6200 TV with Software Version T-VAL6DEUC-1017.0. 

The TV is connected with an HDMI to a Teufel DecoderStation 7. I'm not quite sure which version of HDMI cable it is. It only says: "Highspeed with Ethernet"

I want to receive the sound from the TV on the DecoderStation with the ARC. So i enabled the CEC and ARC option on the DecoderStation. On the TV I also enabled CEC and set the "Receiver" option to "on" (Tools -> Anynet+ (HDMI-CEC) -> Receiver)

On the DecoderStation the Input is automatically switching to ARC, but I don't hear anything. 

I have also tested another HDMI cable without success. With my remote control of the TV i can change the volume of the DecoderStation. 

Can someone help?

Thanks!

0 Likes
10 REPLIES 10
AndrewL
Options
Hi @beecksche

If you connect the TV to your sound system using HDMI ARC then please press the menu button on your TV remote followed by Sound > Speaker Settings > TV Sound Output. This lets you choose which speakers the TV uses for audio output. To listen to the audio through the speakers of a connected receiver or home theatre only, select Receiver or Audio Out.
beecksche
First Poster
Options

Thanks for the quick response.

If i go to the sound settings in the menu I have the following options (the others are not selectable):

- Audio language

- Audio format

- Audio description

- Additional Settings

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options
If you tap 'Additional Settings', are you able to find the speaker options there? This is a non-UK model however you can view the user manual in German for further guidance by checking the following link: http://www.samsung.com/de/support/model/UE40C6200RSXZG.
beecksche
First Poster
Options

In the "Additional Settings" I have the following options:

- DTV Audio Level (Here I can change MPEG from -10 to 0)

- SPDIF Output (with "Audio Format" and "Audio Delay", the format is set to PCM - and cannot be changed)

In some posts i've read that maybe only one HDMI port is usable for ARC. As shown in a figure in the manual I use Port #4 (it's not clearly written, only shown in the figure). Is there a specialy HDMI port fur ARC?

0 Likes
ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

Hi @beecksche.

Are the HDMI ports on your TV labelled in any way?

beecksche
First Poster
Options

The labels are:

HDMI IN 1 (DVI)

HDMI IN 2

HDMI IN 3

HDMI IN 4Bildschirmfoto 2018-05-27 um 17.02.33.png

The part for the "Receiver" in the manual is a little bit confusing:

Bildschirmfoto 2018-05-27 um 17.04.12.png

"The receiver will work when you have properly connected the optical in jack of the receiver to the DIGITAL AUDIO OUT (OPTICAL) jack of the TV." 

I thought, when I use the "Receiver" function it is not neccessary to have an extra cable? 

I tried both: set the "Receiver" to ON with and without the optical cable. But with both I have no sound on the ARC input. When connected with the optical cable I can hear the sound from the OPTICAL In channel of the DecoderStation (but I dont want to use this input!)

0 Likes
Ha Huy Quynh
Student
Options

Hi,

I have same issue with my samsung TV, havo no sound come out via HDMI ARC port, when connect the TV with sound system i can control HDMI reveiver's sound volume by the tv remote, but cant hear anything... have try to config TV as some manuals.. but still no sound. it seem samsung tv problem, because when connect to Sony tv via HDMI ARC I got sound come out. I have contact samsung support but they still not resolve yet. disappointed with samsung tv... next time samsung is not my choice.

jmoberley
First Poster
Options

Same here. Samsung NU8000 65" TV, Sony STR-DA3300ES receiver. No sound over ARC. Volume control over HDMI works. With our previous Vizio TV, HDMI ARC worked fine with this same receiver. Tried PCM and Bitstream settings, neither work.

0 Likes
MJH2
First Poster
Options

I have the TU7000 Class 75" having a similar problem.  No sound over ARC.

Samsung HDMI 2 (eARC) connected to an Onkyo TX-NR595 ARC port.    Strange thing is that I do the HDMI Troubleshooting within the TV and my Surround Sound plays perfectly during that test. This tells me that ARC and the HDMI Cable work fine.  Right??   But when I move to the Samsung TV App, Netflix, Disney+ or any other App I have NO sound.   I have to move to TV Speaker to get sound.     Thoughts???

0 Likes