Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No sound when using a toslink splitter

(Topic created on: 21-01-2021 11:23 AM)
VarunS
First Poster
Options

Hi,

I have a 42 inch samsung tv and a vinyl player, both with optical outs, that i would like to connect to a speaker with a single optical input.  In order to do this, i need a splitter

Optisk Toslink switch - 3-vejs

so that the two toslink cables (from the vinyl player and the tv) go into one input. 

The problem is that there is no sound on the speaker from the tv when i use this splitter. When i connect without the splitter, there is sound. The splitter can recieve pcm signals and thats what I have chosen in the sound options on my  TV. 

Anyone know how this can be solved? The goal is to get both the tv and vinyl player connected and functioning with the speaker.

Thanks,

Varun

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2
jqsecofr
First Poster
Options

Hello!! I have exactly the same issue, I have a 65" without problem using the yamaha amplifier or the samsung 450 bar.. when I connect the sppliter, no sound and message in the screen: "there is no optical device connected "... I think that the TV is trying to get the control of the device.. if there are two devices, the TV does not understand what to do... and I do not know how to disable that function (if that is possible)...

0 Likes
jqsecofr
First Poster
Options

Hi, I just has a chat with support (Vanessa Estrada), and she confirm me that is not possible to connect two devices vía optical to the TV... she explained me that the possibility to add this feature  in a new firmware upgrade was requested but.. not sure if Samsung will do something about that.. 😔

0 Likes