Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No sound from terrestrial TV QE32Q50A

(Topic created on: 03-01-2023 11:47 AM)
Ska Dog Chris
Apprentice
Options

We have recently purchased a QE32Q50A TV, sometimes after turning the TV on from standby there is no TV sound BUT menu sounds work okay. If we turn the TV off either with the button underneath or at the wall socket then it starts to work. But frequently fails again after the TV has been in standby.

Anyone else suffered similar issues?

0 Likes
17 REPLIES 17
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @Ska Dog Chris check you have the latest software which is 1805.4  which was released in September.  However as the Tv was purchased recently I suspect this is the case. if not it can be updated via USB as shown here https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/model/QE32Q50AAUXXU/   Otherwise  you could try the following:  Go to  Settings > Support > Self Diagnosis, select Sound Test. Depending on the result you may need to  reset the sound via settings-Sound-Expert Settings.

However if this does not provide a solution I would advise a factory Reset to see if that makes a difference.  Settings-Support-self Diagnosis-Reset.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes
Ska Dog Chris
Apprentice
Options

thanks for the tips JAMES4578, as you say I believe the latest software is installed but will try a factory reset over the weekend. It passes the sound test when the issue occurs.

jimfred
First Poster
Options
Hi, I've got exactly the same issue! It's very random and yes it's the very latest diftware issue.
0 Likes
jimfred
First Poster
Options
Software issue! ( fat finger trouble !)
0 Likes
GrumpyJon
First Poster
Options

Hi Jimfred. Did you resolve this? I bought mine just a couple of weeks ago and it’s at the latest firmware version but am also experiencing this exact issue. 

0 Likes
Ben T
First Poster
Options

Same issue, unable to resolve

0 Likes
Lozza999
First Poster
Options

I’ve also got the same problem. Got the tv a few weeks ago, exchanged it for a new one, same model but still have the same issue. Seems to fix when I turn it off and on again but still not ideal, especially for the cost of the tv. Sound test returns no issues. Would be great if there was a solution. 

0 Likes
Gargano
Student
Options

Seems as though I am following the same path as you. Bought it on Monday, sound was an issue from standby on day two. Thought I'd ignore it. Now can't as it's on the wifes radar. Happened again this morning and will be returning TV - currently have the most up to date operating system and followed all the self diagnosis tests as recommended by Samsung

0 Likes
Members_2XyCbCN
First Poster
Options

QE32Q50AE... just bought my tv this month and im having this issue. Turning off and on fixes it but come on Samsung..issue a software fix for this December 2023