Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No signal with my PS5 and or any 8K / 4K@120 / 4K@60 4:4:4 after 2303 firmware

(Topic created on: 26-07-2022 09:09 AM)
Istarth
Pioneer
Options

My Setup: Denon AVR X2700H + Denon AVS-3 + Samsung Q95T + Various inputs including PS5 Through AVS-3 and 8K input.

After the last firmware update from Samsung for my Q95T (Firmware 2303), 8k/4K@120 mode is no more working with my PS5 :(... I have been using this settings for months with no problem..... but know with the same cables and configuration...... I get "No signal" and suddenly I loose all inputs not only 8K/4K@120. After that the only way to recover video is to disable 8K/4K@120 enhanced and then power cycle the TV any idea guys ¿? has the last firmware break 8K/4K@120/4K@60 HDR 4:4:4 !!?

Please any help could be great !!!

107 REPLIES 107
scratch-009
First Poster
Options

Since FW 2303 my plain TV Settop box has a 50% chance of its hdmi working. normal 4k, 50HZ, no HDR or anything.. 

0 Likes
CritterSplitter
Explorer
Options

Hi Tim, no it has not been returned yet. I forgot how boring a TV sounds without a receiver and a bit of bass. I will let you know what the outcome is.

Istarth
Pioneer
Options

Do you have any news about this ¿? everything is in the same bad situation at the moment 😞

0 Likes
CritterSplitter
Explorer
Options

Hi Istarth,

No, nothing at the moment. My Receiver is still with Denon getting repaired. As soon as I get it back I will update you if the problem is solved.

0 Likes
Istarth
Pioneer
Options

We will wait for this info !

Many thanks !!

0 Likes
Tim040
Pioneer
Options

Month later… I still have no improvements. Did receive a firmware update for the Denon but it did not fix anything. Anybody else have any changes?

0 Likes
CritterSplitter
Explorer
Options

I am still waiting for my Denon to be returned. It’s been 5 weeks and had a moan at the shop I bought it from. They were going to nudge Denon but I’ve heard nothing yet. I will post the update as soon as it’s back and set up

Istarth
Pioneer
Options

Many thanks for the update !! We will wait for more news ! anyway I am almost sure that the problem is with the TV.... No news from Samsung.... They just ignore all of this... there are many posts reporting similar things.... And Samsung is just doing what they know to do.... NOTHING. Samsung engineers are very good ! but Samsung support  is incredibly bad....

0 Likes
CritterSplitter
Explorer
Options

Well my receiver did have HDMI fault but still waiting for parts. I complained about the wait and have now been sent out a new 3700h and guess what….EXACTLY THE SAME PROBLEM!!!!!!! Aaaarrrggghhhh…. I emailed Denon to check if my receiver is one of the new fixed ones or an old one with the same flaw. If it is a new type, then I can only think the Samsung Q90T is at fault, it’s not handshaking the Ava-3 properly. If I plug in both the ps5 and Xbox into port 4, it gives me the full range of hz. I’m actually thinking of binning it now and buy one of the 8k switches on Amazon, they actually seem to work

Tim040
Pioneer
Options

That sucks to hear… I do not think Samsung will do anything with this issue either. Last Samsung product for me. 

I do not understand what product you think of binning? And what an 8k switch would achieve if the TV does not accept the handshake?

0 Likes