Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No signal with my PS5 and or any 8K / 4K@120 / 4K@60 4:4:4 after 2303 firmware

(Topic created on: 18-03-2023 04:05 PM)
Istarth
Pioneer
Options

My Setup: Denon AVR X2700H + Denon AVS-3 + Samsung Q95T + Various inputs including PS5 Through AVS-3 and 8K input.

After the last firmware update from Samsung for my Q95T (Firmware 2303), 8k/4K@120 mode is no more working with my PS5 :(... I have been using this settings for months with no problem..... but know with the same cables and configuration...... I get "No signal" and suddenly I loose all inputs not only 8K/4K@120. After that the only way to recover video is to disable 8K/4K@120 enhanced and then power cycle the TV any idea guys ¿? has the last firmware break 8K/4K@120/4K@60 HDR 4:4:4 !!?

Please any help could be great !!!

107 REPLIES 107
SRooot
Explorer
Options

I fixed the Bug with the settings SO_SESK adviced on 24.10.2022.

** Update one day later**:

Yesterday it worked for over an hour. Today it was flickering again. I'm done and now the ps5 is directly connected to the tv (HDMI 2.1 "Game") and the rest on the denon and then to the tv (eArc). Something is not working when going from TV over the denon to the 2.1 Port.

0 Likes
Istarth
Pioneer
Options

Please @SO_SESK  or any other from Samsung staff.... could you please help us.... this is a nightmare.... this was perfect working 2 versions ago.... You have break HDMI 2.1 working together with Denon AVR.... You cannot abandone this TV support right after releasing a bugged firmware... Please help us !!

0 Likes
Istarth
Pioneer
Options

2 Use Cases are failing:

1. TV + Denon AVR X2700H + HDMI 2.1 + Last Firmware + PS5 + No VRR = random flickering and after some minutes finally crash... Switching source and go back restart the this case and same is happening once and once again.... (With VRR and Game Mode is working ok... but not all games support VRR so is not a solution).

2. Handshake is randomly failing ONLY for the HDMI 2.1 source... sometimes it never gets signal... switching source sometimes fix it... but sometimes the only way to fix it is to totally unplug and plug both TV and AVR....

There is clearly a compatibility problem... and this problem (Use cases 1 and 2)  was NOT there before !! this problem has been introduced 2 versions ago !! about Use Case 3 this is happening since the beginning..... (since this TV launching).

Please Help us !!!

Tim040
Pioneer
Options

Still having the same issue… we should open a new topic for this specific issue

0 Likes
Istarth
Pioneer
Options

It is clear @SO_SESK  is no more with us.... so I am not sure what is the best way forward to fix this.... This thread has so many posts.... but Samsung seems to forget users.... They have BREAK this TV and now the don't want to fix it.... This is by far the worst TV I have bought in all my life... The picture is good but HDMI 2.1 it is totally broken from the beginning... and Samsung support is as bad as always.... everybody knows that If you have a problem with any Samsung device... you are simply *****....

0 Likes
CritterSplitter
Explorer
Options

Istarth,  I too am annoyed at Samsung. Spend a fortune buying their tv yet customer service is *****. This is the 2nd time I’ve had an issue with Samsung, time I looked at Sony and LG tvs. Samsung have lost me as a customer 

0 Likes
Istarth
Pioneer
Options

Samsung support is a complete disaster.... Whenever someone has a problem with samsung.... they know up front that they are not going to fix it.... multiple unanswered calls.... useless forums and communities... emails that are never answered.... they don't care about us at all. The only thing they do is make us waste time and money. I love Samsung products but they will get us to never buy samsung products again.... They are scammers and liars. By Sure my next TV will be from LG....

With these TVs they were telling you that you were preparing for the future with HDMI 2.1.... In my life I have never had a TV that gave so many problems....

We have been having the same problems during the whole warranty period... and now the warranty ends and they leave us sold... (although we were already sold anyway)....

2 versions of FW ago, everything worked.... in the previous one everything was broken... and in the current one we are just half.....

- Q95T + Denon X2700H + PS5 + No VRR = Random image corruption and finally image freeze
- Q95T + Denon X2700H + PC (Windows + RTX 4090) + VRR = Image Flickering

Both worked 2 versions of FW.... ago. We can't downgrade and they don't fix it either.... It's a shame....

0 Likes
Istarth
Pioneer
Options

Come on ! Samsung !!! You have break our TVs with your damm last 2 FW !!

0 Likes
remppainen
First Poster
Options

Is this fixed with 2501.2 update that Samsung released Sep 12. 2023 and is available at least in UK site ?

0 Likes
Istarth
Pioneer
Options

I am thinking in updating right now but I am worried that instead of getting better, it will get worse 😞

0 Likes