Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No signal with my PS5 and or any 8K / 4K@120 / 4K@60 4:4:4 after 2303 firmware

(Topic created on: 05-08-2022 10:10 PM)
Istarth
Pioneer
Options

My Setup: Denon AVR X2700H + Denon AVS-3 + Samsung Q95T + Various inputs including PS5 Through AVS-3 and 8K input.

After the last firmware update from Samsung for my Q95T (Firmware 2303), 8k/4K@120 mode is no more working with my PS5 :(... I have been using this settings for months with no problem..... but know with the same cables and configuration...... I get "No signal" and suddenly I loose all inputs not only 8K/4K@120. After that the only way to recover video is to disable 8K/4K@120 enhanced and then power cycle the TV any idea guys ¿? has the last firmware break 8K/4K@120/4K@60 HDR 4:4:4 !!?

Please any help could be great !!!

107 REPLIES 107
CritterSplitter
Explorer
Options

I have the Denon 3700H and Samsung Q90T and am experiencing issues with the AVS-3. Similar to you, I am not getting 120Hz on the XBox or Ps5, even after buying new certified 2.1 HDMI cables. I know it’s not exactly like yours but I had this reply from Denon customer service today after writing to them.

Dear Pedro,

This is an issue we're aware of, that is currently being investigated by the engineering team based in Japan. Whilst we've confirmed this issue is not with our products, we're working with our partners to understand the issue.

We would suggest that if you are using VRR for the console you are having the issue with try turning off VRR to see if it makes any difference and if that doe snot work turn off VRR and only use no higher than 8 bit HDR.

Alternatively you can try a firmware factory restore and then afterwards update to the latest firmware to see if that helps:

I am wondering if it is an issue with Samsung TV’s, which I do recall hearing about a few months ago. I am just about to write to them too.

Lets hope they do actually solve it
0 Likes
Tim040
Pioneer
Options

Thanks for this information! Did turning off VRR actually work for you or not?

0 Likes
CritterSplitter
Explorer
Options

Hi Tim, No did not change anything. It’s definitely the AVS-3 though as plugged the console into TV port 4 (2.1) and I got the full range. Hoping they won’t take 10 years to solve. I am thinking of writing to Samsung now to see what they say.

0 Likes
Istarth
Pioneer
Options

Did any of you get new news ¿? Not from my side :(... I am not sure if the real problem is in the AVR, in the AVS or in the TV but what is pretty sure is that all this nightmare started just after TV FW upgrade.... I am starting to think they are not going to do anything 😓

0 Likes
CritterSplitter
Explorer
Options

I’ve been in touch with Samsung support, they reset all the hdmi ports but still have the issue. I did a hard reset on the receiver back to factory settings…and still zilch. I’ve also noticed the eARC port 3 dropping a bit lately and then today it totally refused to work. Tried 3 new 2.1 certified cables but tv kept reporting a fault. The annoying thing is I’m going to have to send my receiver off to get the ports looked at as Samsung say the tv is working ok, but am getting a technical support call on Thursday about the avs. Trouble is I can’t get a signal to my receiver now as it is unusable……aaarrrggghhh

0 Likes
Tim040
Pioneer
Options

0 Likes
CritterSplitter
Explorer
Options

Hi Tim,

I think I got a reply from you but it is just a blank🤔🤔🤔

0 Likes
Tim040
Pioneer
Options

Hi Critter,

I am sorry I accidentally posted a message in the wrong place, which is why I ‘deleted’ it. Apologies. Still no news from my side, I had contact with my Denon supplier and they want me to send over my unit but I am hesitant.

0 Likes
CritterSplitter
Explorer
Options

Hiya Tim, 

I had no choice but to send my unit off last week as the eArc just wouldn’t work so couldn’t see any menu on the tv as no signal. I am hoping they replace all the HDMI ports as the 8K one might be faulty too which is why I was not getting the 120hz. Hope so anyway.

0 Likes
Tim040
Pioneer
Options

Hi,

Is your receiver back from repair yet? Curious to know if the repair fixed the issue.

0 Likes