Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No signal with my PS5 and or any 8K / 4K@120 / 4K@60 4:4:4 after 2303 firmware

(Topic created on: 27-07-2022 07:56 PM)
Istarth
Pioneer
Options

My Setup: Denon AVR X2700H + Denon AVS-3 + Samsung Q95T + Various inputs including PS5 Through AVS-3 and 8K input.

After the last firmware update from Samsung for my Q95T (Firmware 2303), 8k/4K@120 mode is no more working with my PS5 :(... I have been using this settings for months with no problem..... but know with the same cables and configuration...... I get "No signal" and suddenly I loose all inputs not only 8K/4K@120. After that the only way to recover video is to disable 8K/4K@120 enhanced and then power cycle the TV any idea guys ¿? has the last firmware break 8K/4K@120/4K@60 HDR 4:4:4 !!?

Please any help could be great !!!

107 REPLIES 107
Tim040
Pioneer
Options

Q95T is on firmware: 2303

Denon X2700H is on: 4400-7273-8074-7040

Both on latest version with no updates available. I have also spoken to Samsung and have a remote support session planned for later today, I will give an update when it is finished.

0 Likes
Istarth
Pioneer
Options

An update:

As I can read, one user is having exact same problem with exact same devices since today... but he has ONLY updated the TV so the problem is clearly the samsung tv firmware update....

Take a look here: 

https://www.avsforum.com/threads/2020-samsung-q90t-owners-thread-no-price-talk.3138076/post-61847409

Tim040
Pioneer
Options

It seems to work for me (for now): on PS5 under settings > Screen and Video > change RGB Range from automatic to limited. After I did this it seemed to be fixed for now?

Edit: spoke too soon, doesn’t work anymore when switching between 120hz and 60hz

0 Likes
Istarth
Pioneer
Options

Will wait for news !!!!! remember there is an user in avsforum with the same problem that has only updated TV firmware.... this probably means that the problem has been introduced with the Samsung new FW 2303.... --> https://www.avsforum.com/threads/2020-samsung-q90t-owners-thread-no-price-talk.3138076/post-61847409

Many thanks !

0 Likes
Istarth
Pioneer
Options

😞 😞 😞 😞

I can assure that any configuration raising  2.0 18gbps capabilities will fail.... That's why they asked you to change to limited....

PS5 in modes 4K@60 HDR 4:4:4 or 4K@120 HDR 4:2:0 will fail.... both works using direct connection to HDMI4 but through AVR will fail ! This was perfect working before the new FW....

Did you finish your remote session ¿? I am waiting for a confirmation to have a remote session also this Friday.

0 Likes
Tim040
Pioneer
Options

Remote session just finished, they saw something was indeed wrong with the ports when enabling Input Signal Plus so they did a ‘deep reset’. This did not help so I will call them back tomorrow and they will downgrade my firmware, I will report back if that was the fix - which I think it will be.

0 Likes
Istarth
Pioneer
Options

I have just finish my first remote support session.... The technical person was trying to say that is not a Samsung problem if a device stop working after a firmware update.... Taking into account that the AVR is a qualified HDMI 2.1 device.... by sure Samsung has to support it !! since if the TV specs describe compatibility with HDMI 2.1 devices.... and this is a qualified HDMI 2.1 that has stooped working after a FW update.... they have to fix it !!!

I am still in contact with Samsung. Any updates in your side ¿?

0 Likes
Tim040
Pioneer
Options

They suddenly said they cannot roll back a firmware update, so instead they will send over someone to fix it at my house. We will see, I don’t think it’s hardware related so I don’t know what they will do. 

I have also reached out to Denon and see what’s up there. Also found this and ordered one myself to see if that helps but I doubt that would be it considering it worked for me the entire time without problems: https://support.denon.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/12822/~/hdmi-adapter-kit-to-solve-4k%2F120hz-%26-8...

0 Likes
Istarth
Pioneer
Options

I am so sorry to say that I have this kit and I have the same result..... It is clearly not a HW problems.... there area various cases as I can see in many forums.... and ALL after the last FW update.... so it is very very clear to me.... Will wait for news from your side and I will keep you informed also !

Many thanks !

0 Likes
MedaPayne
Explorer
Options

Salut  je te rassure tu n'es pas fou j'ai exactement le même problème depuis cette foutue MAJ malheureusement, j'ai aussi appellé le SAV Samsung et tout comme toi il me dise des choses totalement incohérentes, je suis persuadé aussi que c'est cette MAJ 2303.1 qui fou le bazarre!!!!