Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No on timer

(Topic created on: 08-04-2022 03:03 AM)
Members_As4QOPu
Student
Options

Hi.

I've tried to set the timer on my TV to turn on at a certain time but there is no option for this. The sleep timer has auto-off but no option for auto-on. Does anybody know why this option just doesn't seem to be included on my menu? My TV is model 43RU7100 and the latest firmware is installed.

Thanks.

4 REPLIES 4
Members_As4QOPu
Student
Options

UPDATE - I managed to speak to a guy on live chat, and it seems this model TV just doesn't have that option. And according to him nor do any of the newer TVs have it. This is because they had some people not noticing they had set the "on" timer and complaining about their TV switching itself on....so basically because some people couldn't use the feature properly it has been removed for everybody. Shame.

CJW1
First Poster
Options

I'd like to second the idea for just having a simple on-off timer for the TV also linked to motion.

eg. I'd set my tv to rise at 6am going on to art-mode and then sleep at 11pm as a daily set cycle. The only exception would be if at 11pm someone was watching tv and/or motion was still detected in the room in past x minutes, it would postpone sleeping for 15 mins.

Monacheman
First Poster
Options

I just got off the phone with Samsung customer support and they stated that only certain TVs had the ON function.  My older TV had that circa 2012 but the S90Cc does not.  I was told the QN90C does have it.

Since I used it for an alarm every morning, I will return my S90C.  What good is an OFF function if there is no ON function?  This is hard to find in any specs except the Emanula on the TV, but only after you have purchased it.

Cathmof
First Poster
Options

Did Samsung just take the complaints about ‘on’ and  not consider that those were the small minority of people and that perhaps a lot of people used the on feature regularly! 

0 Likes