Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No more YouTube app on smart tv

(Topic created on: 24-04-2018 04:37 PM)
Bongobill
Apprentice
Options

I bought this smart TV off Samsung because I kind of trusted them (above all others) to keep this telly functioning way into the future especially as it is a "smart" TV. What can I say, this TV is FAR FROM SMART. one of the main reasons I bought this telly was for its apps, most importantly 'YouTube'. Now the YouTube app is deleted and yet other smart TVs have a working YouTube app.

Why has Samsung decided to **** all over us?

I would say that the TV was sold under 'false advertising' as it was advertised as having YouTube available, now I've bought it it is not available.

Why are more people not upset about this, simply buying another device that enables another device to send YouTube to their smart TV from another device is not good enough. Samsung have shat on is from a height.

I am VERY upset with Samsung over this and the fact that their last firmware update to my galaxy S5 phone knackered it but because it was older than 2 years then they wouldn't release another update to fix it.

I'm on to you Samsung and I will make sure everyone I know knows what ***** service you give to your customers.

11 REPLIES 11
Bongobill
Apprentice
Options

I'm on to you Samsung and I will make sure everyone I know knows what service you give to your customers.

LiamH
Pathfinder
Options

Hi @Bongobill

Can you confirm the full model number of the TV? I'll see what the deal is regarding the YouTube app being removed.

Thanks,

Liam

0 Likes
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@Bongobill wrote:

I bought this smart TV off Samsung because I kind of trusted them (above all others) to keep this telly functioning way into the future especially as it is a "smart" TV. What can I say, this TV is FAR FROM SMART. one of the main reasons I bought this telly was for its apps, most importantly 'YouTube'. Now the YouTube app is deleted and yet other smart TVs have a working YouTube app.

Why has Samsung decided to **** all over us?

I would say that the TV was sold under 'false advertising' as it was advertised as having YouTube available, now I've bought it it is not available.

Why are more people not upset about this, simply buying another device that enables another device to send YouTube to their smart TV from another device is not good enough. Samsung have shat on is from a height.

I am VERY upset with Samsung over this and the fact that their last firmware update to my galaxy S5 phone knackered it but because it was older than 2 years then they wouldn't release another update to fix it.

I'm on to you Samsung and I will make sure everyone I know knows what ***** service you give to your customers.

A software update resulted in the Youtube app being incompatible with older sets (Samsung  though was not the only manufacturer affected.)However as far as I'm aware  it was primarily pre 2013 sets which lost the app, notwithstanding the fact that  there could be other issues.    Not sure if you  have  provided more detail which would be necessary to investigate further.  

https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/7379403?hl=en-GB        https://www.which.co.uk/news/2017/06/samsung-tvs-set-to-lose-the-youtube-app/

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

LiamH
Pathfinder
Options

Just to add to @JAMES4578's comment and provide further context, this has been discussed previously here

@Bongobill, if you're referring to a model separate to our 2011 (D) & 2012 (E/ES) range, send over the model number so we can get get a better understanding of what's happened.

LiamH

Bongobill
Apprentice
Options

My TV is UE40ES5500
software version T-MST10PDEUC-2007.0

I would very much like to know why Samsung has withdrawn support for the YouTube app from this TV when other TVs can still access YouTube. 

YouTube was one of the main reasons I bought this telly. It is supposed to be a smart TV but I'm calling it a stupid TV more often than not recently.

Is this planned obsolescence? Forcing me to buy another TV or another gadget so I can get YouTube again? 
Bongobill
Apprentice
Options
Thank you for the link. Seems it is Google that has stopped it working.

I apologise to Samsung.

I'm still not happy about their firmware update on my phone though.

All the best
paul1277
Black Belt 
Options

@Bongobill wrote:

My TV is UE40ES5500
software version T-MST10PDEUC-2007.0

I would very much like to know why Samsung has withdrawn support for the YouTube app from this TV when other TVs can still access YouTube. 

YouTube was one of the main reasons I bought this telly. It is supposed to be a smart TV but I'm calling it a stupid TV more often than not recently.

Is this planned obsolescence? Forcing me to buy another TV or another gadget so I can get YouTube again? 

I would not expect anything else. Look at 2015 2016 models, now obsolete. No BBC Iplayer 4k HLG and no Sky HLG. So for older models I do not think there is much hope!
Neveragain
Student
Options
No it is not, this is a simple software issue and they have CHOSEN to not fix it as Youtube wont foot the bill either...
Dawhoda2
Apprentice
Options
I agree. But I've had my TV for 8 years now and I've enjoyed YouTube on it for years. It still isn't any excuse. But it's time to upgrade my UN558000 TO 65 INCH
0 Likes