Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No EPG scan in background

(Topic created on: 16-09-2022 06:27 PM)
Glotzer
Student
Options

How can it be possible, that a high class TV (Neo QLED 4K QN95A) with 2 tuners has not the ability to scan the EPG for all channels in the background.

Have I really to scan all channels manually?

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
The EPG is created after the scan. I've never heard of a tuner scanning an EPG.
Yes, you have to scan, I've yet to see a TV that doesn't.
0 Likes
Glotzer
Student
Options

I don't mean the scan of the band for channels. Sure that runs first. I mean to read the EPG of every channel in the background, what the second tuner can do, while I'm watching one channel with the first tuner. Many other systems do this (for example my panasonic recorder).

0 Likes
AlSpacino
First Poster
Options

This is unbelievable stupid behavior of this TV. They call the TV smart, but this is not at all. I hate that TV because of this. If I knew this before purchase, I'd NOT buy it!!!

I had multiple cheap setopboxes before and all of them were pre-scanning all the channel programs on the background to show full EPG when you need it. 

@Samsung, DO SOMETHING WITH YOUR SHITTY SOFTWARE TO FIX THIS!!!!!!!! 

0 Likes
AlSpacino
First Poster
Options

btw, this is not only stupidity. This two-tuner TV can record, but it cannot search for programs within EPG. So for example if you see some program on TV that you missed start and you would like to record it if they broadcast it again, you cannot really efficiently search through the program in EPG to find it and record it from the start next time they play it again. This is functionality I would really expect to be sort of easily accessible and very handy. But nowadays, terrestrial broadcasting is probably not a major direction for development. I guess that Samsung expect you to use some IPTV app where they expect this is inherited feature and then they give a ***** about built-in functions of their Stupid-TV. Thank you very much Samsung!

0 Likes